Search the forum,

Discuss pottery - poor quality inc ideal standard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

harrylime

I've been out looking for a new close coupled wc and cant believe the poor quality on some. I had decided on Ideal standard as that new flushing system looks good, but looking at them in b and q I could not believe the poor quality of the pottery. The top of the cisterns were covered in what looked like flaws in the casting or firing process. Little pinpricks that felt rough to the touch. I looked elsewher at Villeroy and Boch. That seemed much better but the price is offputting. Cooke and lewis looked ok. Is there any sanitary ware that strikes a happy mediem for quality and price?
thanks

Roca for one, biggest problem in general seems to be oval pan spigots which can be a begger to drip / leak.

Last edited:
Low price, crap quality. High price, good quality.

Stop looking in the sheds and have a look in an independant merchants.

Just dont expect silk purse looks for sows ear money though. Ultimately you will pay for what you get.

as said go to a merchants, if any customers buy from diy outlets i usually have to dig my bag of window packers out the van.

I always thought ideal, armitage, twyfords etc were good makes. I usually avoid b and q like the plague tbh, I cant stand the place, but if I buy a stanley kinife for example, it should be the same wherever I source it from?
I'm also wary of online buying, although prices can seem keen, looking at shower doors etc as well. I dont mind paying a bit for local service, but the difference can be more than a third

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pottery - poor quality inc ideal standard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock