Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton promax he loud noise in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Help my boiler is like a broken washing machine spinning at night. Have emptied condensate pipe under boiler nothing seems to work loud banging had to turn off at mains.

Either or all of the following:

• knackered pump
  • knackered heat exchanger(s)
  • knackered temperature sensors
  • knackered gas valve
  • knackered by-pass valve
  • knackered zone valve(s)
  • knackered boiler
  • knackered combustion fan

Time to call someone in!!

Either or all of the following:

• knackered pump
  • knackered heat exchanger(s)
  • knackered temperature sensors
  • knackered gas valve
  • knackered by-pass valve
  • knackered zone valve(s)
  • knackered boiler
  • knackered combustion fan

Time to call someone in!!
Are you gas Safe do you want to take a look for me? Thanks

What do you mean “spinning at night” isn’t the 24/2 a heat only?
Do you have a hot water tank?

Yes @Stu-B its heat only. Ok, @Dave69, so what is happening whilst it’s “spinning”? Any hot water being drawn off? Heating on? Hot water on? Nothing, just does it itself?

Yes @Stu-B its heat only. Ok, @Dave69, so what is happening whilst it’s “spinning”? Any hot water being drawn off? Heating on? Hot water on? Nothing, just does it itself?

Sounds like the burner is cracked, I had one same recently, well it’s little brother the 15/2, was bad ignition and looked like it was trying to blast the cover off the chamber! Mine was attached to a heat store.

Reply to Potterton promax he loud noise in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock