Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Profile driving me potty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all so boiler starts playing up just before Xmas great
Symptoms are boiler fires up runs for 20 mins then goes to fire up again then switch off does this again untill it cools
1. New pcb
2.new boiler thermostat
3 new fan
4 new 2 port valve
5 air pressure switch ....?
6 rip off wall install new boiler ha ha

Hi all so boiler starts playing up just before Xmas great
Symptoms are boiler fires up runs for 20 mins then goes to fire up again then switch off does this again untill it cools
1. New pcb
2.new boiler thermostat
3 new fan
4 new 2 port valve
5 air pressure switch ..?
6 rip off wall install new boiler ha ha
Out of interest how much £ have you spent so far to achieve
No solution ? It will lead us all on here to give advice in the future please keep,us updated kind regards...I suppose I am asking because at some financial point it’s best to write the thing off and without your valued input we cannot assist others with advice
On this basis we can advise about suitable replacements in the future based in repair costs v new boiler installs
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Before your boiler shuts off, does it sound similar to kettle boiling followed by a little banging and clanking?

Yes spent nearly £400. No banging or clanking.
Might have to admit defeat and get a new boiler oh well it served me well was a good boiler ...

Yes spent nearly £400. No banging or clanking.
Might have to admit defeat and get a new boiler oh well it served me well was a good boiler .
I think you already know the answer ....my long experience with these type of domestic boilers ...led to my advice
Regards Centralheatking

Reply to Potterton Profile driving me potty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock