Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Prima F50 Boiler won't stop igniting but no heating or hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GeorgeN

Hi all,

I hope this is the right category.

I woke up this morning in a cold house with no hot hot either. (It's a rent flat).

My boiler Potterton Prima F50 is continuously running, I can see fire inside, it's making the usual noise apart of that gurgling water noise.
I checked the thermostat, the programmer, all fine. The thermostat makes that click when I turn it but it doesn't seem to switch on/off the boiler.
The red pump seems to be running, it makes a buzz. All pipes around the tank are cold.
The valve is on Hot Water position at the moment.

Back to the boiler, it appeared that it lost some pressure. The gauge was lower than usual and I saw a bit if water under the overflow pipe outside the building. I topped up the preasure to 1 bar (as usual) but still no luck.

I have British Gas coming in tomorrow but I wonder if is anything I can do to get some heating tonight?

Thank you

As its rented tbh I wouldn't touch anything incase you make it worse

Sorry

As its rented tbh I wouldn't touch anything incase you make it worse

Sorry
Well, I don't mean taking the boiler apart but sometimes can be a quick fix.

I just wonder if it's the boiler or it's a fault within the system (pipes, valve, punp etc)?

Well, I don't mean taking the boiler apart but sometimes can be a quick fix.

I just wonder if it's the boiler or it's a fault within the system (pipes, valve, punp etc)?

I think you've checked all the obvious stuff.

Fortunately, it's National Hug a Plumber Day so if you need to keep warm you just need to find a plumber and hug them real tight.

Sounds like a stuck diverter valve to me, not a diy or five minute fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Prima F50 Boiler won't stop igniting but no heating or hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock