Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Performer 28i not working on heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
A customer has just called me about this boiler. Am going to look at it tomorrow. Has anyone dealt with this problem before? Its a combi

is it worth me buying a diverter valve to take with? Or should i just diagnose fault first and then hunt down parts?

Do boilers have different thermistors or can you use any?

Cheers chaps

Could be external controls mutley racer .... These have an electronic actuator which could also be faulty .. If you've got the custards number ask them if any of the lights are flashing on the front? :)

Thanks diamond. I have thought about the room stat as another option. I did forget to ask her if any of the lights were flashing. Shall call her later.

Just out of curiosity, have you bought a new FGA? and if so, which one?

I am wanting to buy one and have been looking at the kane 455. The only reason is though, is that the guy who taught me has one and he swears by it and also I have become comfortable with it. And today, BES sent me a specials leaflet and it has the kane 45 kit for ÂŁ641 inc vat. Cheaper than any where else i have seen!

Thanks diamond. I have thought about the room stat as another option. I did forget to ask her if any of the lights were flashing. Shall call her later.

Just out of curiosity, have you bought a new FGA? and if so, which one?

I am wanting to buy one and have been looking at the kane 455. The only reason is though, is that the guy who taught me has one and he swears by it and also I have become comfortable with it. And today, BES sent me a specials leaflet and it has the kane 45 kit for ÂŁ641 inc vat. Cheaper than any where else i have seen!

Got the Kane 455 pro kit for ÂŁ560 inc Vat ... Traded in my old one got 20% off!! The manager at Parts Centre swayed my decision when he said he could show me a folder full of expensive service costs on other models including the Sprint :)

so, would you recommend the kane then?

It does what it says on the tin :) I haven't had it long enough to get use to it to be honest .... The Testo I had gave a basic print out in comparison to this boy! You can also do print out let-by and soundless tests plus put your company name and contact number on the print! I'm impressed so far. With the pro kit you get the clip on pipe stats, a hand held stat and a separate gas sniffer all in a tidy bag :) All I can say is it's got a lot more packed into it than the TESTO and it a lot less bulky to carry around :)

the kit i have seen on the bes leaflet is called the cpa1 kit. Its around ÂŁ60 more than the pro kit which includes 455 fga, 1xASP2 appliance sampling probe kit.KMCP2 probe, 4x NIMH batteries and charger, 2 x pressure fittings, 1 x pressure hose, 1x ASP2 appliance sampling probe, KMIRP infra-red printer, GLD450 battery operated gas leak detector,1x KAL1 air/liquid temperature probe, 2x KPCP clamp-on pipe probes, manual, and carrying case

Looks like all you get extra is the sample probe kit whatever that contains? ... all the rest mentioned come with the pro kit I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Performer 28i not working on heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock