Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Performa 30HE hot water goes off - power cycling restores in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I have a Potterton Performa 30HE in a one bedroom apartment. For a few months I have noticed that it takes several minutes before the taps to run hot. But last week they stopped running hot altogether. I have found that if I switch the electrical power to the boiler off and on again normal hot water supply is restored for a few days. and then it goes off again.

The pressure is set at 1.5.

It seems to be a fault with an electrical component - maybe a sensor? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be? I guess I will need to get an engineer out to it - but before they try to convince me that I need a new boiler I want to know the actual size of the issue...

Thanks
Mark

It's a gas appliance so will need a gas safe registered engineer.
Nobody will tell you the issue to prevent any form of diy gas works.
You also might want to get somebody sooner rather than later, as the turning it off and back on may not keep working.

It's a gas appliance so will need a gas safe registered engineer.
Nobody will tell you the issue to prevent any form of diy gas works.
You also might want to get somebody sooner rather than later, as the turning it off and back on may not keep working.
Thanks very much for this - I hadn't considered that aspect. The boiler is in our Holiday Let apartment - which is booked fairly solidly. The heating engineer I spoke to today says he cannot come and fix it when it is working - we would have to wait for it to go off, then call him out. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to diagnose the problem. So sounds like catch 22. I want to be able to ring an engineer and arrange for them to come a fit a new XXXX on the next changeover day, irrespective of whether the part is functioning or not at the time he/she attends. (As a holiday let there is absolutely no way I could even dream about self-repairing. The boiler is in a cupboard in the bedroom. I am a professional business man, with a previous career in risk-management - who wants to sleep at night. I also want my guests to have hot water!)

I should have also mentioned that I live in York and the apartment is in Brighton. So self-repairing would be really difficult! I am trying to tee up a slick bit of professional servicing.

But maybe - reading between the lines - you are saying that the fault is obvious to a gas safe engineer worth his salt from the information I have given? And any engineer who wants to wait for it to fail again is the wrong engineer?

poss, diverter fault? turning power off (could) reset same untill it faults again, needs engineer to check.

Reply to Potterton Performa 30HE hot water goes off - power cycling restores in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock