Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Performa 28 combi boiler whistling sound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lewmal

Hello, could someone possibly advise me on a hot water problem with my Potterton Performa 28 combi boiler. When any hot water tap is turned off there is a whistling sound from the boiler. So far I have failed to identify what is producing this sound but it still happens even if I switch off the mains supply to the boiler. There is also water coming from the discharge pipe, sometimes just a drip but other times a slow flow. Can anyone help??? Many thanks

not sure about the whistling sound but sounds like you have a flat expansion vessel causing the leak you described from the discharge pipe, realy you need to have it checked over by a gas safe engineer

Hello, could someone possibly advise me on a hot water problem with my Potterton Performa 28 combi boiler. When any hot water tap is turned off there is a whistling sound from the boiler. So far I have failed to identify what is producing this sound but it still happens even if I switch off the mains supply to the boiler. There is also water coming from the discharge pipe, sometimes just a drip but other times a slow flow. Can anyone help??? Many thanks

23 January 2012
Having had a further check it appears that the heating system pressure goes up when the hot water tap is turned on. Could this be a problem with the central heating pressure differential valve diaphragm ???

23 January 2012
Having had a further check it appears that the heating system pressure goes up when the hot water tap is turned on. Could this be a problem with the central heating pressure differential valve diaphragm ???

26 January 2012

Pressure system problem solved - Filling loop tap was not fully turned off. Still have a faint whistling sound momentarily when turning a hot water tap off and a few times this happened when turning the hot tap on. This happens even if the mains power to the boiler is switched off and it sounds as though it possibly comes from the diverter valve assembly but I am not 100% sure of this as the faint whistle is very short. Hot water and radiators now working correctly but I would like to solve the faint whoosh/whistle sound.

you need to get a gsr engineer round, no one on this forum can tell you what the noise is caused by without seeing or hearing it. You have probably nakered your prv also by leaving the fill loop on. Sounds to me as if the noise is nothing to worry about though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Performa 28 combi boiler whistling sound in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock