Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton kingfisher MF replacing boiler in situ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there! I moved house a few months ago, and our boiler has packed it in (great timing eh?) It's an old thing (potterton kingfisher MF),but was installed in a room in the center of the house with the flue extending out the side wall onto an alley that actually belongs to our neighbour. We had an engineer out who didn't seem particularly bothered in helping and he told us we would need to move the boiler because the flue can't stay where it is, but they quoted almost double the price to move the boiler. We're getting a second opinion tomorrow but I'm wondering are they trying to get an extra couple of quid out of us or does the boiler have to be moved? Thanks!

Yes it needs to be moved as the flue must terminate over your land

1641738318972.png

I would ask a boiler engineer if the flue gas be ducted elsewhere to safely disperse away from neighboring property whilst maintaning current boiler position? AKA a plume management kit.

Reply to Potterton kingfisher MF replacing boiler in situ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock