Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton combi gold 28 HE, fault? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

J

John Tinton

Good afternoon all, I am a commercial gas engineer so little experience with domestic (although fully qualified). I have a problem with a Potterton combi gold whereas I initially had no heating. I looked at the actuator on the diverter which was not driving so for £12:50 I just ordered a new one. Fitted it but the actuator is still not driving. Then got manufacturers instructions and followed their advice by checking for power from the pcb X3 terminals 5&7 (calling for heat), nothing off the board. Got myself a refurbished (tested and certified pcb). Fitted it but still no power on terminals 5&7 on X3 on the pcb and actuator still not driving (obviously)
Am I missing something obvious here, I am a bit flummoxed.
Hot water is fine btw.
I thank you in advance for any advice 😉

Reply to Potterton combi gold 28 HE, fault? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I have a britony combi se 80 with fault 40 60 80 had british gas out to repair under homecare cover but they can't seem to repair it. They have been out 7 times so far and fitted a new pump heat exchanger air pressure switch and a pcb. Does anyone on here know what else could be the...
Replies
Views
Hiya fellow gas engineer. Need some help on this boiler fault. Went out to this E133 Error on a Potterton Titanium 24 (GC: 47-393-39) I checked the inlet standing pressure which was at 25mb. Boiler attempts to fire and the pressure drops by 1mb but the gas valve doesn't open. Checked the black...
Replies
Views
J
Turned the system from hot water only, to hot water and central heating the other day. After it working briefly, it has now stopped all together. The display isnt showing a fault or anything - it is just blank. After reading the service guide that came with it - I am confident there is power...
Replies
Views
James Middleton
J
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock