Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Boiler Not Igniting in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Potterton FF60 model boiler which has just decided it doesn't want to ignite anymore. There is not 'click' 'click' 'click' sound that you should hear when you turn the water or heating on and is no pilot light what so ever all that can be heard is what i believe is the fan. There doesn't seem to be a manual ignition switch either.

Any ideas what the issue could be and anything i could try before calling a engineer ??

Does it have power eg lights on and then next does it do anything

call a engineer. not for you to play with, that boiler if i remmember right is about 20 yrs old and not made for at least 17yrs it only had a very short run...its not the most eco boiler and you should be thinking of a replacement. that said if you get it working it gives you time to save.

call a engineer. not for you to play with, that boiler if i remmember right is about 20 yrs old and not made for at least 17yrs it only had a very short run...its not the most eco boiler and you should be thinking of a replacement. that said if you get it working it gives you time to save.

What sort of boiler should I be look at to replace it with?. I guess boilers now a days don't require the hot water tank in the airing cupboard anymore??

You could have a Vaillant 4 series installed to do the same job as the one you have.
That's the easiest way forward if you are replacing the boiler in my opinion.

What sort of boiler should I be look at to replace it with?. I guess boilers now a days don't require the hot water tank in the airing cupboard anymore??
Up to you. Combi boilers make their own hot water instantly, but have flow limitations so they don't aren't always suited, especially for houses with more than one bathroom.

You can still get heat-only and system boilers that need a separate hot water cylinder.

What you have may be repairable. Get a gas installer to have a look and see how expensive the repair would be. Could be something really simple for all we can possibly tell from this end.

Reply to Potterton Boiler Not Igniting in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock