Search the forum,

Discuss Potential shoddy insurance work , needs neutral opinion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey Everyone - New here

i am at a seriously loose end , i had a problem with my sewer waste it kept clogging up after back and forth for many a while between my insurance company and seven trent , my insurance agreed to change what they say was a bellied pipe holding water ...

they came last Easter and replaced the pipe, after the problems continued Seven trent came out and pointed out the new fitted pipe does not meet the existing pipe properly where is joins at my boundary - basically may waste is having to go up a step and im pretty sure its causing my lawn to be damp .

the company who did the work say they have done no wrong all they have done is put the new drain in as it should be ..

i have tried to upload a video but can't so have attached a screen shot

please hit me with your views and opinions

many thanks

Screenshot_20190416-153334.jpg

Well yes that's inevitably going to continue blocking up. Down to poor workmanship. Looks like you will have to get back onto the insurance and company.

im currently using the 'financial ombudsman' as a mediator and they want a Neutral opinion from a professional
Well its obvious it did not work properly thats why it was fixed .....not...so your recourse is right back to the main contractor ...if you really want some ammunition hire a independant drain outfit to produce a report and pay them
as your experts. centralheatking we cannot save you money here you need an expert witness

Well its obvious it did not work properly thats why it was fixed ...not...so your recourse is right back to the main contractor ...if you really want some ammunition hire a independant drain outfit to produce a report and pay them
as your experts. centralheatking we cannot save you money here you need an expert witness
im not looking at saving money i just wanted to know what the general opinion was

If the Ins. co. engaged and paid the contractor, and the problem is still present, then surely it is downto the IC to sort it.?

If the IC gave you money, and YOU engaged the contractor, then it is your problem
The insurance company say its down to seven trent to rectify the neighbours drain so it meets mine - caught between a rock and a hard place

The insurance company say its down to seven trent to rectify the neighbours drain so it meets mine - caught between a rock and a hard place

Pete, have the IC written to you, or is this on the phone?

Sometimes, people say what they imagine is the right answer, rather than checking. If they write, they are mie likely to ensure their facts re correct.

Personally, I would write to ask them on what legal basis are they relying on to expect a neighbour/utility to change their arrangement to suit the IC's contractor. (TBF I havent seen the video)

In the end the IC just said there was nothing more they were prepared to do so I contacted the ombudsman about it, it's took them a year to actually take my case on - I appreciate all your replys.

Reply to Potential shoddy insurance work , needs neutral opinion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock