Search the forum,

Discuss Possible Problem with an EVOSTA 2 pump in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

D

David Woods

Hi all,

I have had a new Grant boiler system fitted which powers 22 rads and an immersion heater - 8 of these rads are large double convectors. We have had a lot of issues with the install of this Grant boiler but my main issue is if the pump is man enough for this system. As mentioned it's a DAB and my feeling is it's not powerful enough for this setup as the rads never really get very hot - also taking a long time to heat up. The system has been bled many times although not much air comes out. Most of the rads have thermostatically controlled valves.

The installer has got fed up going back to try and resolve a short cycling issue (Grant were hopeless as well!)

We have a large 5 bed detached property and we are burning through tons of oil to warm the place up.

So I was wondering if a kind soul could tell me if this pump is fine for the job or should I look at getting a plumber to upgrade it and what setting should it be on.

Now I realise this is not easy to comment on this remotely and we have had ongoing issues with short cycling with the boiler (Don't Buy a Grant!) - but I wondered if an underpowered or incorrectly setup pump could be causing the lack of heat and short cycling - thinking the water is not being pushed around the system efficiently.

I would be grateful for any comments on this prior to taking then next step.

Also wondered if this make of pump are ok as always had Grundfos in the past.

I am not a plumber but an an electrician but don't intend doing any work on this myself - each to their own trade!
Thanks - Dave

Open vent or sealed

Size of boiler eg kw

Pipework to the rads 10 or 15mm ?

Do you know what the heat requirement of your radiators actually is? This of cause assumes that heat loss calculations have been done and radiators are correct size.
To be fair to Grant they are reliant on the boiler -pipework- pump ect been correctly specified and installed for there boiler to work correctly.

Grant to be fair are usually a reliable unit if installed and commissioned correctly, the Dab evosta 2 has 3 different sets of control built in - set on its constant speed 3 it should move the heating water through your system efficiently to a height of 8 m? Try checking all your trv valves fully open ? also check your lockshield valves are open ? is there a automatic bypass fitted to provide a passage for heated water through the boiler when demand is reduced ? Set the pump to a constant speed setting - try speed 2 first then 3 to see if this improves the distribution of heat ? also set different times to heat your hot water from heating your radiators , if this doesn't improve things then your system may need attention . Regards kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220412-055608.png
    Screenshot_20220412-055608.png
    284.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The Dab Evost2 is a 7M pump so should be man enough for the job and certainly shouldn't cause rapid cycling of the Grant boiler. Check which of these settings its on or post a photo the setting.
1649777257385.png

Reply to Possible Problem with an EVOSTA 2 pump in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hi we have a Alpha 2 15-60-130 central heating pump fitted. We need a bit more heat from 12 rads. I’m confused about the settings as the Auto Adapt was pulling 14w which is not enough. I have now set the right side led to position 4 and it pulls 25w. Does anyone know what the pump should run at...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
My son has just had a new boiler fitted and hes noticed that the pump runs 24x7 even when both the heating and hot water are set to off. He’s also found that when the hot water is set to off on the programe timer, the boiler is still heating up water. I wonder if this is because the engineer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock