Search the forum,

Discuss Possible Cylinder or blockage problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We had three radiators changed and after this the boiler wouldn't fire. Now we have heating but the no hot water. We have had the Baxi man out and he said we are not covered for the problem. Which he thinks is either the cylinder (which he said may be difficult to obtain the part) or a blockage. The boiler is a Baxi Sol 0 36 HE and was installed in April 2010. Should we cut our losses and get a combi installed? if so what type of Baxi would you recommend for a 4 bedroom house? Thank you.

Tbh sounds like an air lock

This guy fitted my kitchen & was recommended to me. Said he would do everything. Proved to be an absolute nightmare. 2 floods - 3 leaking pipes. Also drilled through a pipe. Water drained from tanks 6 times!!! We are both very elderly & cannot cope with him coming back anymore.

This guy fitted my kitchen & was recommended to me. Said he would do everything. Proved to be an absolute nightmare. 2 floods - 3 leaking pipes. Also drilled through a pipe. Water drained from tanks 6 times!!! We are both very elderly & cannot cope with him coming back anymore.
It depends on the type of cylinder you have. Would you know? Can you post photo's?
If you don't know what it is or you can't post photo's, you would be better off with an experienced Plumber. It possibly isn't a big thing to someone experienced.

I may be preaching to the converted here but odd job men & Jack of all trade men are good for some things in life but when it comes to Plumbing, Heating or Electrical work, you can't beat someone with qualifications, experience, competency and a good reputation. They may charge more per hour but they are generally tooled up, knowledgeable and a lot quicker at diagnosing and repairing faults, so it can actually work out cheaper.

Reply to Possible Cylinder or blockage problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock