Search the forum,

Discuss Possible air lock in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, recently had a salamander ct85 xtra pump fitted to boost my hot water pressure, the problem i have is sometimes no hot water comes out of any tap, if i leave it several minute it will start and pump well, it as though it gets a air lock in the pump but my plumber cant fix the problem.
i have added a little sketch hopefully someone can shed some light on whats happening.
thanks in advance.
21D0CF07-3255-465D-A9BC-8E3E94387001.jpeg

What tap is it ?

Are they mono block mixers or undo/ screw in / out type ?

Wrong pump installed as you’ve got no head pressure also some more bad news your cylinder isn’t suitable for use with a pump as your stored water isn’t around the 50 gal mark

Not a problem

Reply to Possible air lock in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for several hours before it will fire back up! Only to lock out again after 30/40 minutes! The boiler has had a new nozzle, coil and pump in the last 2...
Replies
Views
I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot Water Cylinder. Analogue Controller with slide switches (replaced 2 years ago) and analogue Room Stat and Hot water cylinder Stat. I'm just an amateur...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2 (it's TurboBlock Pro). Does somebody have service manual / maintenance PDF where can I get some additional informations? Here's my problem: I'm not sure at what bar should I pump the chaimber (pre-charge pressure at bars). When I turn on the hot...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock