Search the forum,

Discuss Position/location of bath overflow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I’ve just moved in to a brand new build apartment and when trying to bathe noticed that the bath overflow (also a twist and pop up plug) is directly in the centre of the bath depth at the tap end. This means that you can only run a shallow bath as obviously when you are in the bath you don’t even get half a baths worth of water with your body in there.
The second problem is that the tap is positioned in such a way that the water runs on to the protruding overflow meaning that the water you run is simply spray. This means by the time the spray has entered the bath, it’s cold. Any advice please?

Attachments

• IMG_0001.MOV
    25.9 MB
Had to chuckle at that.

1. Never seen an overflow that low. To be honest never seen a bath that the overflow and waste haven't been pre drilled. To fix that then it's a new bath.

2. Should be able to get something to re direct the nozzle. Might not be pretty though. Temporary repair or fix would be to cut a small drinks bottle in half and take the cap off and tape over the spout.

But if it's new build then get them to sort.

Had to chuckle at that.

1. Never seen an overflow that low. To be honest never seen a bath that the overflow and waste haven't been pre drilled. To fix that then it's a new bath.

2. Should be able to get something to re direct the nozzle. Might not be pretty though. Temporary repair or fix would be to cut a small drinks bottle in half and take the cap off and tape over the spout.

But if it's new build then get them to sort.

they will say something like it’s to conserve water :D

Reply to Position/location of bath overflow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon, our bath waste pipe in our rented property has started leaking slightly when we shower. We've narrowed it down to a loose screw in the centre of the plughole. My understanding is that this screw being loose means that water is able to leak out between the bath waste and the waste...
Replies
Views
Hi, the water in my bathtub has been draining really slowly recently. I investigated it today and there was a large build up of gunk right under the plug hole, quite thick. I jabbed it hard with a stick and it completely dislodged and got sent down the pipes. I tried the taps again and the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm wanting to install an electric shower in my new property what's the easiest way to check it bath tap is coming from mains ? The mains stop tap is located near the toilet in the room underneath me, when I switch that off it shuts all cold water off for every tap in the house. If I...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all - hoping to get some advice here on a plumbing issue in our house. When we are showering / filling the bath and another appliance draws water (toilet cistern filling after flushing, tap being turned on or washing machine filling etc), the water pressure / flow to the other appliance...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
Hi, I have a Y plan open vent system, boiler 30+ years old, and requires replacement. My plumber is recommending fitting a new Viessmann 11kw System boiler in the current boilers position. The problem is he plans to run two new separate pipes fro the boiler to the hot water cylinder. Once this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock