Search the forum,

Discuss Portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good evening
Im currently working for an energy supplier and am gas safe with limited scope for metering (met1), and have started a course locally in Weston-super-Mare to achieve my core gas and appliances, and im looking for an engineer who would let me come along and gain so experience in exchange for free labour, anyone in the southwest, Weston-super-Mare, Bristol and surrounding areas able to help? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck with your endeavours.

but have you done a search for posts like yours on here? There are thousands asking for the same thing, for some reason gas engineers are not overly keen on helping to create more competition for themselves in an already crowed market place.
I am involved in training so want to help others but you really do need to understand the whole picture when you start training or work in the gas industry.

Cheers for the reply, and yes seen the posts some of which are quite entertaining too. At the start of my training I had a guy who was looking to take me on as his second who was contracted to my current employer which was awesome, but my employer has just got rid of all its contractors, him included which has scuppered my plans, so now I am having to start again. My actual goal is to find a job with someone I can work for aswell as giving me the experience, im not as stupid as to think I can just book a course go out with someone for a few days then jump in a van and brand myself as a fully competent gas engineer. So if there is anyone in my area who is looking for a trainee then please do get in contact, or secondary just the experience will still be great.
Thanks again for your input appreciate it .

I would push ahead with the change of employer, it is how most of us have gained the range of knowledge & experience required, often at a drop in pay in the short term.
It is a good luck from me as well.

Reply to Portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock