Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain pan connector in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hoping one of you can help

may the most recent job I’ve done I’ve had to fit porcelain pan connectors. Not sure if it’s the right thing to do, but I’ve used plumbers mate to seal it to the pan and the soil. I’ve tested them a lot and they have been fine, but one has started leaking. I’m worried any movement in the toilet might make others leak.
just wondering if any of you have any experience with these and have used an alternative sealant. I feel like silicone would have the same outcome

any advice would be very helpful

Bin it and use a mcalpine

Leave it upto them if it leaks what do the instructions say ?

Fill with white flexible silicon you could use white sticks like ****

I would use stixall if they didn’t come with any rubbers.
I have used porcelain ones before and they came with rubber gaskets - one however was so oval that I had to bin the gasket and use s was hire stixall - it’s still ok as far as I know.
Obviously make sure your pans are nicely secured and wobble free.

Reply to Porcelain pan connector in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock