Search the forum,

Discuss Pop-up waste on bidet confusion in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to fix a pop-up waste mechanism on a bidet but I am perplexed as to how I can obtain access to the necessary area. It is a back-to-wall type with copper supply pipes where I expected to find flexible hoses - there is barely room to position mobile phone to take photo. I guess that a push-fit waste connection has been used here and will just come apart as the bidet is removed? I am finding it difficult to envisage how this thing was installed in the first place.

Any hints would be much welcomed. :)

20191126_090058.jpg
20191126_090139.jpg
where I expected to find flexible hoses. I guess that a push-fit waste connection has been used here and will just come apart as the bidet is removed? I am finding it difficult to envisage how this thing was installed in the first place.

Any hints would be much welcomed.

Take the two screws out and see how it feels.
I would - like you - expect there be some flexibility in the connections.
You can never rule out Brain donor installations but it could equally be the work of an ingenious Plumber.
[automerge]1574860358[/automerge]
p.s.
Know where the hot and cold turn off, or turn them off first.

Why would you want a plug or a pop up waste in a bidet thats nuts, the whole point is ongoing personal hygene not washing your bits in dirty water. zNobody puts a plug in a wc pan and bidets are the same.
Anyway they are so
60's - 80's unless its a ...broad term ...elderly or physically challenged issue but still no plug etc. centralheatking

I'd say the flexes are lower down, try a photo through the hole nearer the base of the pan and / or as L-P, remove screws and see if it moves.

They have fitted the waste and taps then stuck the bidet to the floor with silicone. The water pipes and waste pipes are likely on a flexible connection.

Switch the water off, test the bidet to make sure its off then cut the silicone with a stanley knife, rock the bidet left and right and if your lucky the silicone will detach without breaking the tiles, it all depends how much they have used. You may have to cut the silicone with a flat standard hacksaw blade.

As the bidet comes away from the tiles pull it forward to inspect the pipe connections behind, hopefully they are flexible and on isolators.

As others have said I would replace the waste and taps whilst you have the bidet out, you or the customer will not want to be doing it again in the near future :p

Last Plumber: Yes, I will be turning off the supply to the whole house before attempting to move the bidet. Whilst this bathroom, from a superficial viewpoint, appears to be nicely appointed I suspect that there will have been a number of short cuts made to achieve this installation. The bidet is positioned next to the shower cubicle ie not alongside the WC, so it is highly unlikely that it is properly plumbed into the soil-stack. A flexible waste sounds dreadful but I cannot see anything else being used here.

RPM: Even if a replacement is necessary it will still require to be reinstalled as the existing,

centralheatking: I thought the pop-up waste or click-waste was de rigueur for bidets. I cannot recall seeing one without.

snowhead: I will try taking a better photo but I will also use a mirror on a telescopic stick and attempt to get a glimpse of the hidden connections beforehand.

Jones82: All of your points are hereby noted and appreciated. I will try to persuade the customer to stump up for some new taps etc as suggested. But would not life be a whole lot easier if the appliance was a non back-to-wall unit so that conventional pipework could be used in preference to crappy flexible substitutes? All for the sake of appearances.
:rolleyes:

Why would you want a plug or a pop up waste in a bidet thats nuts, the whole point is ongoing personal hygene not washing your bits in dirty water. zNobody puts a plug in a wc pan and bidets are the same.
Anyway they are so
60's - 80's unless its a ...broad term ...elderly or physically challenged issue but still no plug etc. centralheatking
The chrome surround ans pop-up waste are rusting, just a visual annoyance. .

Reply to Pop-up waste on bidet confusion in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock