Search the forum,

Discuss Pop Up Bath plug sticking in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Our pop up bath plug is sticking, looking for suggestions to fix it please. Wondering if WD40 might stop it sticking or will I need to replace a part?

Many thanks.

The last time I used drain unblocking liquid to make our basin waste flow properly, the click clack plug worked a lot better!

The central mechanism is a replaceable part, and you would be best off changing it. It should unscrew from the waste fitting in the basin, and from the plug top. Here's an example (not suggesting you necessarily buy off eBay!)

UPDATE: it is now stuck in the up position. No amount of pushing down will get it to lock in place so the bath can be filled. I have ordered a replacement pop up mechanism but canā€™t seem to unscrew the existing mechanism.
Help?! Any ideas/suggestions?

Attachments

• 89929875-3522-49DA-BD04-3BEFDA0B1DD0.jpeg
    89929875-3522-49DA-BD04-3BEFDA0B1DD0.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 7
  • 8360B927-02FA-44B7-9E1E-1435BF35F509.jpeg
    8360B927-02FA-44B7-9E1E-1435BF35F509.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 7
There are two flats near the top of the defunct mechanism which you should be able to grip with an adjustable spanner, and free it to unscrew. If that fails try slip joint/ gas/ water pump/ whatever you call them/ pliers. You may need brute force!

There are two flats near the top of the defunct mechanism which you should be able to grip with an adjustable spanner, and free it to unscrew. If that fails try slip joint/ gas/ water pump/ whatever you call them/ pliers. You may need brute force!
Managed to finally unscrew it and replace it, thanks for your help! Now in the GFā€™s good books as she can finally have a bath and not a shower šŸ˜‚

Reply to Pop Up Bath plug sticking in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock