Search the forum,

Discuss Poor Service? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
I have recently had a problem with my central heating which I diagnosed as pump failure. I called the company, who provide the insurance for my central heating, on 26th January and they sent a plumber out on 27th January who confirmed my guess. He said he would report the claim and the office would get back to me as to when the repair would be done. I didn't receive a call back so I rang the company and at first they said the repair would be done on 29th which they then changed to 30th. This left me with no heating for three nights. The plumber turned up as arranged with a new boxed pump. When he left he told me that everything was working properly and asked me bin the old pump. Imagine my surprise when I looked in the box to see a brand new pump body and the old pump and housing. It would appear he must have difficulty undoing the old pump and decided to just replace with the new pump in its housing. Is this an acceptable repair? I don't think so.

Fred

Yep fine aslong as the body / valves arnt leaking etc

I think it's bordering on poor practice. The rotor has been replaced, but the housing hasn't, so any wear in the housing remains. I accept that most of the wear will be in the rotor, as its softer material, but that doesn't mean there is none in the housing.
In my view it would have been reasonable to explain to the householder that pump nuts were seized (or whatever the reason was) and ask that they accept just changing the head.

Reply to Poor Service? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock