Search the forum,

Discuss Poor flow on gravity feed bath/shower mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi, new member here. I have a question for the forum. I have a shower/ mixer in the second bathroom which has always had poor flow. The mixer has a spring loaded mixer and a 40 year old Triton booster pump between the mixer and the shower head. It has become more of a priority as it is for now the main shower. Plumbing to the taps is all 22mm and flow into the bath is very good. Problem seems to be the two very small holes in the diverter restricting flow. I suspect the mixer tap isn’t really suited to this gravity setup. Can anyone suggest a good high flow mixer to replace the current one?
I don’t want to spend a lot as it is probably only a temporary solution until the main bathroom power shower is installed
I would like to get rid of the Triton booster pump if possible before it fails

Some facts of manufacturing life.
To deliver good flow, the internals need to be machined to offer least resistance to flow. That adds hugely to manufacturing costs.
When you have a high pressure system it can be a simple cast internal waterway as the pressure overcomes the restrictions.
What that means is that you cannot get cheap and good low pressurw flow. Sorry.;)

Some facts of manufacturing life.
To deliver good flow, the internals need to be machined to offer least resistance to flow. That adds hugely to manufacturing costs.
When you have a high pressure system it can be a simple cast internal waterway as the pressure overcomes the restrictions.
What that means is that you cannot get cheap and good low pressurw flow. Sorry.;)
YorkshireDave, understood, well if it can’t be cheap, could you make any recommendations for good low pressure mixers regardless of price? Many thanks

YorkshireDave, understood, well if it can’t be cheap, could you make any recommendations for good low pressure mixers regardless of price? Many thanks

Personally the Mira Excel is a good gavity mixer. However, I would suggest you call Mira & describe to them your setup. You should be able to use it on an HP system too.

Reply to Poor flow on gravity feed bath/shower mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock