Search the forum,

Discuss Polyplumb Stiffeners in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Bought a Polyplumb 22mm Spigot Elbow (PB1022) today, I intend fitting the male section into another Polyplumb fitting. I normally use the black pipe stiffeners (PB6422) however they don’t fit into the male section of the spigot.
My question is simple is there a different stiffener type for the spigot fitting or is it not necessary to fit one at all ??.
Strangely many of the pictures on the inter web appear to show what appears to be a metal stiffener which is odd.
Advise would be appreciated

Should come pre done / ready for fitting

As already stated but just to confirm, no insert/stiffener needed in the male side of the fitting as it is already rigid enough without the extra insert support.

Reply to Polyplumb Stiffeners in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from. Why I think its I've used calipers on the threads and counted them, and the male end sticking out of the vessel is BSPT 3/4 with 14 threads per inch...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently had an IC Economiser Combi 35 installed with piping upgraded from 15mm to 22mm. A different engineer (ie not the one who installed it) came out today to address a pump overrun issue and, in addition to flagging up a couple of settings which were still on factory default and a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have bought a cheap boiler to run my hot tub as others have on the interweb and have a question that you amazing plumbers will probably know the answer to straight away. I have the setup as pictured below and I am about to run some tests to get the best output all round. I am looking...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have this McAlpine overflow and waste HC2650UK: https://mcalpineplumbing.com/sites/default/files/uploads/installation-instructions/hc2650uk_2.11.2018.pdf The flexi overflow is not long enough. I thought it might be possible to extend it by fitting ordinary pipe and an appropriate...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock