Search the forum,

Discuss polyplumb pipe damage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasikahlon

Is any body seen a polyplumb pipe split like this? I have fitted and insulated it with foam last year in a garage. WP_000017.jpg

Thanks sasi

did it have to pass through anything at all? thinking it may have been damaged while doing so

Unusual failure never seen like that before .. unless its been scored during installation as stevb suggests .. otherwise may be an extrusion fault .. probly worth contacting the manufacturer .. if they ask you to send the pipe keep a piece back for reference. .. a close up pic would be interesting.

I agree with you all. I am in the trade for over 6 years up hear in cold Yorkshire and I have never seen any pipe fail like this before. Also, the last few days worn't that cold. I will take this issue with the manufacturer. This was a new 25m roll of pipe, it was't passed through anything and it is unmarked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to polyplumb pipe damage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can somebody tell me where I can get a cover/top compatible with this header tank please? as insects are getting into the hot water It will also need some form of insulation jacket The tank has been replaced at some point by an identical one, maybe it was damaged so I have included a photo of...
Replies
Views
I have seen people speaking of this and others not understanding. I have a leak in my pipe coming from the main. Attaching a new 1/2" coupling to the 1/2" pipe (blue pipe) is a problem as the coupling is larger than the pipe although both are 1/2". Most people do not realize that there are...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, a couple simple questions. 1. I have two pipes like seen on a attached photo in my back yard. One is for the waste from kitchen, the other one is for the waste from toilet/bathroom. Obviously rodents can easily get into them pipes.. is the any ways to prevent that? 2. And a second question...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock