Search the forum,

Discuss Polyfit pipe fittings? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys. Do any of you know whether the grey poly plumb fitting and inserts can be used the white polyfit pipe? Can’t seem to find a local stockist of the older white polyfit fittings.

Ideally you want to keep it all the same, due to slight differences in pipe thickness.

But, you get away with swapping the pipe between the two. Obviously you can’t use one brand fitting another brand insert.

But like anything, you will increase the risk of a potential leak.

Can’t you order the fittings online?

Yes your fine just use the stainless inserts

Cheers chaps. It’s not one of my jobs to be honest. I called in on a mate and helped out for a couple of hours and noticed he’s picked up polyplumb fittings but I didn’t see the inserts he had. I just wanted to advise so he don’t get caught out.

Reply to Polyfit pipe fittings? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In the photo there is a grey 32mm push fit elbow between the sink trap and down pipe. I want to replace the elbow with a "male" push fit tee attached to an air admittance valve to stop gurgling noises. I can't find a tee fitting that description, can anybody offer a solution as you can see space...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
I have seen people speaking of this and others not understanding. I have a leak in my pipe coming from the main. Attaching a new 1/2" coupling to the 1/2" pipe (blue pipe) is a problem as the coupling is larger than the pipe although both are 1/2". Most people do not realize that there are...
Replies
Views
Hey guys! I'm no DIY'er but have managed to replace our kitchen sink with a bigger one from ikea. I've done everything I can and now have the main grey ikea pipe into the pipe that leaves the property. The problem is that the connection between the grey ikea pipe and white...connector part leaks...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock