Search the forum,

Discuss Polybutylene Pipe - how long it will last in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sam Roden

Hi all. Recently we had burst pipe. We are owning house for less than a year. It was build 2009. Plumber said that all house and half of suburb have same Rubbish Polybutylene pipes which one after some research in internet were banned in US, but some how still were using in Australia. Is anyone had same pipes? What to do replace all of them or wait another burst, and change one by one? Or we just were not so lucky and this happens not so often?

When your house was built, polybute piping was all the go.
Most of the product failures have been down to poor installation.
Pipe not clipped enough and not in the right places.
The other issue was the pipe inner sleeves were not installed to form the pipe round and also give the connector something to grab onto.
Next time something happens, get a joint pulled apart and check the end of the pipe for the inner stainless steel sleeve

Reply to Polybutylene Pipe - how long it will last in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Bungalow built in 2001. All copper pipework (water and heating) runs in channels of expanded foam polystyrene between a concrete floor and OSB boards. Pipe are lagged in stitched felt and what looks like bubble wrap with sand (?) over the top. During the bathroom refit, I lifted up some of the...
Replies
Views
Had the plumber replace the pipes less than 2 month from the sink that lead into a cast iron pipe. They also unblocked gunk from the start of the cast iron pipe. The gunk is in the photo I've attached. The pipe work is also attached(it's disconnected as we cleared the u bend to clear it out)...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock