Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing/mate/assistant/labouring work week ends and/or evenings wanted ,Bury area. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

that bloke.

Due to a stubborn career driven missus and a new born baby i need to find evening and/or week end work , a long shot i know. I have lots general plumbing and central heating installation experience on new builds and customers homes. Bury st Edmunds area but can travel within reason.

Re: Plumbing/mate/assistant/labouring work week ends and/or evenings wanted ,Bury are

Can't you stay at home, look after your new baby (one of the best things that can happen in your life), watch telly, go shopping, cook your wife a good meal for the evening and let her go out and earn for the family?

:p:p

A tongue in cheek comment I know, but more seriously, I was "unlucky" in work when my children were born/young and I ended up doing much of the daily routine (feeding, changing nappies, cleaning).

Not brilliant to start with it has to be admitted but after 2-3 weeks it became more enjoyable and watching them develop at such close quarters (you can't do that when you're out at work) was such an amazing thing and I felt really lucky I could see this when most parents are away.

They grow up so quickly and before you know it, you've lost a marvellous part of humanity/nature.

Re: Plumbing/mate/assistant/labouring work week ends and/or evenings wanted ,Bury are

i couldn't agree more but the problem is we cannot survive on one income and we cannot both go out to work simply because we dread the thought of leaving our daughter in child care, so because my partners job is a really good opportunity for her and she is finally doing a job that she loves , even though its not very well paid it means that i have to find evening and week end work to compensate her income.
my problem is the only work i really know is plumbing and general building/restoration work which is pretty limited if i am looking for evening work , especially seeing as i am only part qualified. That being said if i could earn enough for the both of us she would be more than happy to sit at home all day looking after the wee one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good luck mate been exactly the same for some months - its hard but remember you get by - you have to

I was gonna say go self employed but that's like having a kid in itself. Stick to the part time work your after mate lol. Maybe go round to local builders merchants put up a leaflet might get lucky

Any luck or any help gained

my boy was born 18 mounts back,had really hard time !just finished college no job bills to pay, portfolio to do , not even tools and van!
Start as labour to a gas engineer he payed me ÂŁ50 a day , how happy we were !After moved on to another engineer he paid me ÂŁ80 a day , trough this time had bought van tools and got my portfolio sortied(had few ÂŁ in the bank) !got clalifaid last January and worked for a heating company doing installs hard work but good ÂŁ wise !
Now I have a new van , all the tools ,have some one delivering
Addvertaising post card and been working on my own sinse December! In the beginning of December past my commercial gas , and now waiting for the papers to come trough ! Have found a company which is looking for commercial service engineers ! When I get my paper will call to try and get going and keep my domestic part as just a top up of the earnings!
This is true story !so can you see it can be done!!!!
Or I forgot I am foreigner which makes it even harder !
But can be done mate! Never get you self down:)

Last edited:

I'm in the Bezza area, message me your details.
Very occassionally I need a hand on a weekend, but I will bear you in mind should a big job come up.

Just looked at the date on this. I suppose the correct response should be 'I hope it's all working out for you'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing/mate/assistant/labouring work week ends and/or evenings wanted ,Bury area. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock