Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing leads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to do private jobs on weekends and evenings just wanted to know if anyone has had good experiences with my builder or rated people or any of these kind of pay for leads sites ? or does anyone have any tips on where to get small private jobs from .

I've been a plumber 2 years now i work for the NHS so don't meet any domestic customers to get work from .

It seems to depend on area. Some people do really well out of them, others find that they're a waste of money. In my postcode there are hundreds of people on rated people, so I think there would be too much competition. If you're paying for leads and only winning 1 in 10 jobs, say, it could get very expensive...

What plumbing experience do you have?
What type of jobs do you want?

Friends and family is how most of us started but with all those people you work with at the NHS you have access to lots of work, if approached the right way!!

There is nothing like personal recommendation for obtaining work, it takes time to build, can be destroyed in a flash but ask most long time pro's if they have advertise or buy jobs & the answer is always NO.

It can help on occasions however as already said can be very competitive .

set yourself a small budget per month and see if it works .
You can spend a lot on advertising at times and get nothing back in r eturn.

What do you do for the NHS??? Carry cards at work with you??

Cultivate your colleagues. London is good location judging by the rates Pimlico plumbers show on their website. Not suggesting you approach surgeon in operating theatre but card left at rest area and staff notice boards could bring results. Stress your willingness to work evenings and weekends, "to suit peoples work pattens".

Last edited:
I've started with Rated People few years back, small jobs at the beginning and going medium-low on prices, then I started to build a portofolio and very good ratings. Once you get few very good ratings, but none bad, you'll start wining more and more of the leads you apply for. As for now Rated People just covers my gaps now and then, very rarely use them. Good luck.

Low cost or free advertising includes:

Get yourself on free index

Build yourself a website

Get a page on Facebook and join some local groups

Advertise on gumtree or such like

Pop business cards up in local shops

Personally i am not a fan of paying for lead type websites but each to their own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing leads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock