Search the forum,

Discuss plumbing in an integrated dishwasher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gdjtam

I ordered a new kitchen recently and all existing appliances are staying where they are. At the time of ordering I was keeping my freestanding dishwasher but nevertheless ordered an integral door for the day it packed up.

Sods law a week later and the handle broke. The dishwasher works fine but cosmetically we made the decision to look for a replacement one but Integrated.

The kitchen fitter called round as pre planned to survey the kitchen in readiness for the fitting. He said everything was straight forward and no need to move electric points or pipes. I then told him the plan to keep the existing dishwasher is out of the window and we will be ordering a integrated one. He said that this may incur a charge as integrated dishwashers are plumbed in different to freestanding?

When I asked how, he advised that Integrated dishwashers may come with a turbo to increase water pressure. We don't have any problems with our existing dishwasher or with the water pressure.

Am I been too ignorant and cynical or is he pulling a fast one?

How about not getting this kitchen installer off side prior to him doing the work.

Why don't you just ask him what the extra cost will be?
He said it may incur and extra charge.

Although I'm not sure what he means by a 'turbo'

I'm not aware of any difference in the way integrated appliances are plumbed in. Cold mains feed and a waste connection, just like a freestanding one.

If there is such a thing as a "turbo" it'll be internal to the appliance and won't affect the plumbing IMO.

Apologies I forgot to say he said it would costs £81 to plumb in an integrated dishwasher but would wouldn't know until they take the old kitchen out.

The original quote for fitting the kitchen included the freestanding dishwasher.

What did the kitchen cost?

See if he will meet you half way and make it a done deal.
That way both of you will be equally unhappy.:)

Integrated appliances are a pig. Now needs a plinth and the plinth will need cutting also needs integrated door fitting. Will also need packing underneath and may need the plumbing altering as there's not a lot of room behind them.

Thanks Simon, I guessing the charge would be for the plumbing and packing underneath. I have already paid the kitchen company for the door and the plinth. The fitters would have had to cut the plinth to fit the existing freestanding dishwasher in as there are units either side. As well as potential plumbing issues and packing I also guess there's a charge for fitting the door too.
Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbing in an integrated dishwasher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
I have a problem with my dishwasher and I’m told there’s an issue with my plumbing. I’m after some help with understanding what the issue is (and what the solution is). My plumbing/appliance arrangement: My dishwasher is plumbed in ‘downstream’ from my sink. They therefore share a pipe to...
Replies
Views
Had a new Kitchen fitted just before Xmas with integrated Washing Machine and Dishwasher (never again!) Appliances are located around 3.5m away from the sink, in a corner, sink one side, appliances on the other. All hose lengths within manufacturers recommendations btw. Washing Machine drum...
Replies
Views
Earlier this year we changed our dishwasher. During the days after the old one had been taken out and before the new one was installed, the loose water pipe was dripping so I put a bucket under it which I emptied each day. The new dishwasher runs fine, but about a day after running it water...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just had a neighbour knock the door regarding a water hammer issue. My own house developed this issue sometime last year as well which is when the neighbours roughly started. Severn Trent were doing bits and bobs out in the street back then but this is probably a coincidence. Our water...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock