Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing in a dishwasher in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi please can you advise on which waste pipes I will need to connect a dishwasher? The existing pipe is coming up out of the floor at 90 degrees but it is glued. I think the pipe is laid under the floor and connects up to the sink waste. The cream colour pipe is 40mm and the screw cap is 50mm wide.
thanks
Russell
A2352A8C-2BDD-4E05-A419-C01C044BE372.jpeg

It might be 43mm solvent weld, or 50mm (uncommon imo). Take a photo from further back, if it’s a kitchen sink waste, could you swap sink trap for washing machine trap?

It might be 43mm solvent weld, or 50mm (uncommon imo). Take a photo from further back, if it’s a kitchen sink waste, could you swap sink trap for washing machine trap?
Hi thanks for your advice. The only pipes are the cream ones. The white you can see in the photo is what I tried to attach.
Thanks
Russell

Attachments

• C66FE098-729E-4A3E-8760-DCA1FBEE5BAA.jpeg
    C66FE098-729E-4A3E-8760-DCA1FBEE5BAA.jpeg
    841.7 KB · Views: 10
Ok, so what did you try to attach? Also doesn’t show how much room you have to recommend the best solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Plumbing in a dishwasher in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, grateful for any advice I need to connect a dishwasher waste water outflow pipe 25mm to 50mm waste pipe. Is there a joining piece anyone can recommend? Maybe with some appropriate tape. The waste pipe is in the wall but was trimmed at some point (unnecessarily) to only 10mm extruding from...
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
This is a picture of my sons sink plumbing. The yellow arrow goes to the dishwasher and the red arrow goes to the washing machine. There is a problem with waste water going from the sink, into the washing machine I guess because the pipe, right on the elbow isn't high enough. I have tried to...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen and a sink and washing machine in the utility room to a 50mm waste pipe running within the suspended floor to...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question is the brown pipe seems to have came loose, but seems to have just been pushed into thread above.There is nothing holding it in place, is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock