Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing fittings prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I would like to start selling plumbing articles but I do not know exactly the prices in England. Is anyone this forum can tell me these wholesale prices are attractive on this market?

Brass nipple 1/2' – 0,41£
1'- 1,45£
MDPE coupler 32-2,15£
Thank you for your help

As I don't look for the cheapest possible price, but a compromise between price, quality, and availability, I cannot answer that question. I would comment that these are not items I use regularly. Not a single one of each in my van.

In any case, if they are not WRAS or similar approved, then they are of no use to me.

As I don't look for the cheapest possible price, but a compromise between price, quality, and availability, I cannot answer that question. I would comment that these are not items I use regularly. Not a single one of each in my van.

In any case, if they are not WRAS or similar approved, then they are of no use to me.

Thanks for the answer but you said that prices are high but you you can't say what would be competitive. As to WRAS approval, some of my products have it, all of them are certified in orther european countries( Germany, Poland, Czech). I asked becouse i saw the some brands on ebay and on in online shops and wanted to know the wholesale (+/-) prices.

To be honest, most of our customers can get things cheaper than we can. Sadly a lot of us simply do not go through enough materials to stockpile many of our product lines (this isn't unusual: I work part-time at a food cash and carry and their policy is to have in stock the quantity typically sold in half a week) and often we plumbers end up having to buy at local merchants, often at prices higher than those the public can find online.

To give you an idea, items I would tend to buy in reasonable quantity are compression fittings, pipe clips, end feed capilliary fittings, draw-off cocks, copper tube, "Pegler" isolation valves, but it looks to me like I'm not the type of plumber you are appealing to.

I'm assuming you're aiming at the commercial pipefitters who run miles of iron pipe in a week?

Unfortunately I do not know anyone who can buy miles of iron pipe in a week. I've looked through your list ( thanks , to such information I was also looking for) and I dont belive in ebay prices, realy 8-10 £ is normal price for 1 m 15mm cooper pipe with 1mm wall? I can sell it for 4.5 £ inc tax.

Unfortunately I do not know anyone who can buy miles of iron pipe in a week. I've looked through your list ( thanks , to such information I was also looking for) and I dont belive in ebay prices, realy 8-10 £ is normal price for 1 m 15mm cooper pipe with 1mm wall? I can sell it for 4.5 £ inc tax.
I'll be honest, been out of the game a while and still using up the stocks of pipe I had from a year ago. A year ago, I was able to supply 15mm half hard (R250?) copper tube to my customers at £2.27 a metre, but wall thickness was 0.7mm. Looking at BES prices today, I think your £4.50 is still far too high to be of any interest.
Why don't you look at BES? Plumbers are more likely to use BES than ebay!

Shipping is going to kill anything so no point even trying to get customer unless it's specialty items

Standard copper is 0.7mm wall thickness.

Does your gear even meet British standards?

Standard copper is 0.7mm wall thickness.

Does your gear even meet British standards?
He said some is WRAS approved and meets various EU standards so can't be far off. BUT, no use whatsover if it's somehow different from what is normal over here. Could be lead-free, non-toxic etc etc and safe to use, but if it doesn't fit with standard fittings over here, then no good.

Bit like the engineer who decided that fitting 12mm in people's houses made sense in most cases. As a local plumber pointed out to him, what happens when a customer has a leak and you're not available? How does anyone else repair 12mm when next to no one stocks the stuff?

Personally if I haven't got an item(s) on my van, I'd often get to Screwfix (Plumbfix) for 7AM or go there on the way home from the job - they don't carry everything but 90% they do. Often use 'click-n-collect' which I find great.

If Szymon was selling a '3rd hand's, bubbles for spirit levels and skirting board ladders.. and of course skyhooks', I reckon he'd very quickly become richer than Bill Gates :D.

SimonG. A huge amount of what is sold by merchants on a daily basis is of European or Far Eastern manufacture and passes no tests whatsoever - their focus is margin.

Fact is, if it is passed as safe for water contamination in a 'member state' then it is perfectly legal to fit in the UK. The regs state that it must be WRAS or a member state equiv.

Don't know about sky hooks - sorry :rolleyes:

Thank you for all the information. Realy a 1mm wal tube is not popular in uk? On BES i can find only "half hard" tube, that is 0,7mm wall, right? (i suggested a table on page 5 http://yorkshirecopper.com/wp-content/uploads/Technical-Guide-full-issue-02_14_Really2.pdf ) As to the costs of shipping
100 m of 15 mm copper tube in 2.5m pieces i can seal for 380£,
Ups parcel costs 80£ but i can find parcel in price 40/30£. About compatibility with British fittings, i made a few shots tuday.
https://i.*********/1o1kntp.jpg
https://i.*********/Qlb3UFJ.jpg

When I was an apprentice sky hooks, long weights, new bubbles for levels, lead free pencils and tartan paint were the norm to be sent off to the stores for, however the engineers Blue around the eye piece was always my favourite when I got my first apprentice! :p

Reply to Plumbing fittings prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock