Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing employment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stuart010378

Im currently doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. Im looking to find out what salary I would be looking at once I have passed level 2. Also I'd like to know what sort of salary I would earn after passing level 3 if I was with a rpivate company?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Stu

After doing level 2 you can expect to earn nowt, cos its unlikely anyone will employ you cos its not worth the paper its written on. If your going into plumbing just for the money then expect a shock

I've edited this post because it had me spooked and i started ranting on it.
Want to bump this thread aswell because i'd like to know what to do once i've finished the two years at night college studying a level 2 tech certificate and if its really as worthless as the poster above claims because i'm doing the course to get a decent damned job

Last edited by a moderator:
what makes you think plumbing is a decent job? is it cos you have heard the tales of plumbers making 80k a year??

No, because i'm sick of earning ÂŁ5.00 an hour in retail, i enjoy fixing things and so far i am enjoying the course.

Why nowt?? Its not cos people rant on about earning 80k etc. I want a change of career and by doing this I hope that each day will bring different challenges. I like being out and about etc and i also like to be very hands on.

So, whats the answer to the question?

bbb is right you won't get a job as a plumber you may be better looking at bathroom installation or kitchen fitting companys or try and go self employed

Alas, the same has been said to me, which is why I'm going to go for level 3 and ACS. That should pay for itself in the long run.
Mo

Yeah, so this whole forum is designed for plumbers, yet there's no work for them?
Are the colleges of the country, well england anyway conning me and others by offering a useless course that will get me nowhere, wth?

I think NVQ level 2 has to be viewed as a step along the route rather than a qualification. The reason that you aren't going to make a lot of money with level 2 is that you aren't going to be able to do anything special. Contractors and employers want people who are qualified to do the whole job not just part of it and level 2 doesn't cover stuff like unvented systems, combi boilers, gas supply and so on; common stuff in todays new builds.
To quote one of my instructors on the subject of level 2 - "It ain't worth a wank on it's own"
That's why I'm going for Level 3, to be able to do the whole job. Once I have gained sufficient experience, I'll go and work for myself because you'll never make decent money working for somebody else.
My tuppence worth

Mo

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing employment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock