Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing courses in Scotland? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rennie

Hello how are we all?

I am looking to find a course in either plumbing or joinery and have applied and been accepted to the Access2 Trade Careers course for a fee of £6,000!!! I am not happy with all of the sales talk i recieved from the supposed 'Careers Advisor' i spoke with on the phone and got the same 'must act now due to limited space' etc etc. Due to this i have not signed or sent back any paperwork.

I have been looking at the Construction Skills College Limited website advertised at the top of the page on this site, I am very interested in doing a course with them but was wondering if anyone knew of a similar set up in Scotland?
I'm asking on here because all of my internet searches seem to come up with fast track courses and i don't know who to believe.

I am not looking to get in to a trade to make millions of pounds as advertised in most of these fast track courses. I am currently a bar manager in a city centre bar (which due to cost cutting means i do most of the DIY) and would simply like to make something more of my life and get paid for all of my hard work instead of currently working 70 hours (mostly unsociable) and getting salaried for 40.

Many thanks for reading and I look forward to your replies.

Regards

Steve Rennie

Last edited by a moderator:
If you dont mind traveling try NTPS in Manchester. When i was there a couple of blokes were driving from Lancaster every day and a guy had done a course who lived in Norfolk. The training school dont have sales men, you talk to the tutors and the prices are on the web site but i payed around £4000 for 6129 level 2. Good luck

I did my ACS aligned 6012 NVQ 3 Gas Installation and Maintenance at Carnegie College in Dunfermline. Its a 1 year intense course which involves 15 weeks of on the job work experience (we did that with Scottish Gas). You can get on the course through the dole or pay your way (4.5k).

I highly recommend the course as the lecturers are really good and the facilities are excellent. If you want more info just PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing courses in Scotland? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock