Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing and Pipe labels/tags in Ex Council flats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James_W

Hi all,

Just moved into a new flat which is ex local authority and am struggling trying to work out the plumbing. I've taken some down of the plasterboard that boxes in the pipes in the bathroom and downstairs (below the bathroom) and there are a number of pipes, three of which are labelled EXS, CWS and DW. Does anybody know what they stand for? I'm assuming Cold Water Supply and possibly Drinking Water/Domestic Water or possibly Drain Waste but have no idea what EXS is.

Can anybody help with identification please

cheers,

Normally it's existing service, but with councils who knows

Is this flat in a multi storey block?

If so EXS, whatever it stand for, could well be a boosted supply from ground floor or basement storage tanks.

What size and material are the pipes?
Can ypu post pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing and Pipe labels/tags in Ex Council flats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, How do you know if there is a cross over with the pluming system in flat? All pipe work under sink, bathroom etc in the flat itself are legit but the rising main is in the attic, there is one rising main pipe (22mm) which has two pipes teed onto it that deliver water to three...
Replies
Views
Hello all. First time posting so apologies if this is answered elsewhere. I am close to completing a purchase of my first flat, an ex-council place from the 1960s built in the usual concrete slab and brick. At present there is some ghastly pipe work for the radiators sprawling round every...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock