Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing advice- soil stack in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm a Gas Engineer currently renovating my new house. I'm not too clued up on running waste, soil stacks etc so looking for a bit of advice

We had an existing 3 1/2 inch waste pipe running out the back. We are extending out to the back now and have cut the pipe down. Stepped it upto 4 inch and ran that along the ground.
Running it up to the bathroom where we hope to tee the basin bath and toilet into it.
This pipe is also used for rainwater/guttering above bathroom.

Plumber says this is ok if we tee off before gutter and leave that section open above gutter. So you would have an opening in the gutter then a 4 inch opening above.

My question is. Is this acceptable for basin, bath, soil and rainwater? He is saying it can be combined as it's an old one pipe system?

Also what is a one pipe waste system?

Thanks

A

Hi, I'm a Gas Engineer currently renovating my new house. I'm not too clued up on running waste, soil stacks etc so looking for a bit of advice

We had an existing 3 1/2 inch waste pipe running out the back. We are extending out to the back now and have cut the pipe down. Stepped it upto 4 inch and ran that along the ground.
Running it up to the bathroom where we hope to tee the basin bath and toilet into it.
This pipe is also used for rainwater/guttering above bathroom.

Plumber says this is ok if we tee off before gutter and leave that section open above gutter. So you would have an opening in the gutter then a 4 inch opening above.

My question is. Is this acceptable for basin, bath, soil and rainwater? He is saying it can be combined as it's an old one pipe system?

Also what is a one pipe waste system?

Thanks

A
It known as a combined sewer system whereby the rainwater and foul water discharge into the same sewer syste. This has changed on moreup to date systems, as rainwater doesn’t needto be treated as heavily.

Reply to Plumbing advice- soil stack in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock