• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Plumbing advice- soil stack in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

SA7426

Hi, I'm a Gas Engineer currently renovating my new house. I'm not too clued up on running waste, soil stacks etc so looking for a bit of advice

We had an existing 3 1/2 inch waste pipe running out the back. We are extending out to the back now and have cut the pipe down. Stepped it upto 4 inch and ran that along the ground.
Running it up to the bathroom where we hope to tee the basin bath and toilet into it.
This pipe is also used for rainwater/guttering above bathroom.

Plumber says this is ok if we tee off before gutter and leave that section open above gutter. So you would have an opening in the gutter then a 4 inch opening above.

My question is. Is this acceptable for basin, bath, soil and rainwater? He is saying it can be combined as it's an old one pipe system?

Also what is a one pipe waste system?

Thanks

A

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Hi, I'm a Gas Engineer currently renovating my new house. I'm not too clued up on running waste, soil stacks etc so looking for a bit of advice

We had an existing 3 1/2 inch waste pipe running out the back. We are extending out to the back now and have cut the pipe down. Stepped it upto 4 inch and ran that along the ground.
Running it up to the bathroom where we hope to tee the basin bath and toilet into it.
This pipe is also used for rainwater/guttering above bathroom.

Plumber says this is ok if we tee off before gutter and leave that section open above gutter. So you would have an opening in the gutter then a 4 inch opening above.

My question is. Is this acceptable for basin, bath, soil and rainwater? He is saying it can be combined as it's an old one pipe system?

Also what is a one pipe waste system?

Thanks

A
It known as a combined sewer system whereby the rainwater and foul water discharge into the same sewer syste. This has changed on moreup to date systems, as rainwater doesn’t needto be treated as heavily.

exedon2

Esteemed
Maybe a clear sketch of what you intend? On combined systems the rain water needs to be connected to the drains via a gulley.

Reply to Plumbing advice- soil stack in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net