Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing advice for a a shower URGENT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone

I have the following shower to fit. It has a three way valve.
The diagram shows that the top valve is for 2 of the shower accessories, the middle temperature control the lower 1 for 1 shower accessory.

Can someone advise how this should be plumbed so that the body jets function with the overhead shower. A diagram shall be useful.

Thank you so much

What have Victorian Plumbing said when you asked them? If at all?

I assume those would be the first port of call for me, if I were in your shoes.

Toufic,

Please take this as constructive advice. I would not fit that shower - I don’t really want legal action against me for deformation et al, but every Victorian Plumbing shower I have fitted has failed in one form or another within two years. I will only now fit them if they are “free issue” by the customer.

To answer your question for body shower and overhead use the top tappings and seal the lower tapping. The lower tapping must be properly sealed if you want overhead and body sprays to be concurrent.

The cartridge normally seeps after first fitting. Remove it and coat the seals with a smear of silicon grease then tighten it to all your force on a 150mm length spanner.

Please take the above as intended to be in a positive light - others may have had better experiences than my company with these products.

- Or maybe we don’t understand how to fit them properly - always willing to learn.

Last edited:
Here is a bristan shower that's got a similar setup. Has some instructions with it. You'd be doing something similar I guess.

Attachments

• V12111165SS_V12111165SS.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
Toufic,

Please take this as constructive advice. I would not fit that shower - I don’t really want legal action against me for deformation et al, but every Victorian Plumbing shower I have fitted has failed in one form or another within two years. I will only now fit them if they are “free issue” by the customer.
I've only ever installed one shower from Victorian plumbing and that failed within 2 years. It was for my brother who I advised against but he didn't listen. We ended up taking tiles off and replacing the valve 😂

Toufiq, what's your water pressure like? If you want to experience a decent shower then your going to need a decent pressure behind you in order to run 4 body jets and the overhead shower together.

Oh no ! Im panicking now.The entire house has these concealed showers! This is the only power jet. We have a mega flow boiler

Toufic,

To answer your question for body shower and overhead use the top tappings and seal the lower tapping. The lower tapping must be properly sealed if you want overhead and body sprays to be concurrent.

The cartridge normally seeps after first fitting. Remove it and coat the seals with a smear of silicon grease then tighten it to all your force on a 150mm length spanner.

Please take the above as intended to be in a positive light - others may have had better experiences than my company with these products.
I've only ever installed one shower from Victorian plumbing and that failed within 2 years. It was for my brother who I advised against but he didn't listen. We ended up taking tiles off and replacing the valve 😂
[automerge]1569704210[/automerge]

Toufiq, what's your water pressure like? If you want to experience a decent shower then your going to need a decent pressure behind you in order to run 4 body jets and the overhead shower together.
We have a megaflow. Panicking now the entire house has these concealed showers

Don't panic just yet, we might have just been unlucky. It is only one shower installed so I'm sure there's hundreds that haven't failed. As for the valve, I would pipe the body jets and the riser shower off the top diverter valve and the main overhead shower off the bottom valve. That way you can open the main shower head and the body jets together.

Don't panic just yet, we might have just been unlucky. It is only one shower installed so I'm sure there's hundreds that haven't failed. As for the valve, I would pipe the body jets and the riser shower off the top diverter valve and the main overhead shower off the bottom valve. That way you can open the main shower head and the body jets together.
Thank you. Thats very useful.

If you have the shower valve can you take a picture so we can see the inlets and outlets, I can't see a technical drawing in the link so it's difficult to draw a diagram for you.

Here is a bristan shower that's got a similar setup. Has some instructions with it. You'd be doing something similar I guess.
This is incredibly useful. Thank you so much! Do you by any chance have the model number for the above proct
[automerge]1569705197[/automerge]
If you have the shower valve can you take a picture so we can see the inlets and outlets, I can't see a technical drawing in the link so it's difficult to draw a diagram for you.
That would be fab. I just went downstairs, its too dark we have no lights. Ill post it tomorrow morning. Im so greatful for your help

Last edited:
Toufiq,

My comments were not intended to panic you. my advice is don’t fit this shower - go for an Aquelesia ( spelling?) or a Grohe or other quality brand. For showers already installed, keep your fingers crossed or “ go with the flow” - you are where you are (we have all been there in one form or another).

I won’t fit anything now from Victorian Plumbing, purely because they are completely unresponsive to resolving technical issues or defective products.

60% of my business is repeat customers, so for me a defective product hits my bottom line. We may be softies, but if we charge the true cost of repeated return visits for defective products the customer has chosen it eventually reflects upon us.

I won’t disclose what I think products from Victorian Plumbing have cost us over the past 5 years, but it is made in Germany, has the same name as a sport, you can drive it ( albeit it would be a two year old second hand GTI).

I think you have an inkling in that they have sold you a product and won’t give advice as to how to fit it!

Will end on that note before I say too much.

I won’t disclose what I think products from Victorian Plumbing have cost us over the past 5 years, but it is made in Germany, has the same name as a sport, you can drive it ( albeit it would be a two year old second hand GTI).
Around the 20k mark then :oops:

Toufiq, post a pic tomorrow and either myself or some one else will be able to give you a diagram. I am busy tomorrow so may take a while for me to reply. The choice is yours as to whether or not you fit the valve. I personally don't like installing any type of concealed valve as they're a nightmare when things go wrong, but that's just my personal opinion.

Toufiq,

My comments were not intended to panic you. my advice is don’t fit this shower - go for an Aquelesia ( spelling?) or a Grohe or other quality brand. For showers already installed, keep your fingers crossed or “ go with the flow” - you are where you are (we have all been there in one form or another).

I won’t fit anything now from Victorian Plumbing, purely because they are completely unresponsive to resolving technical issues or defective products.

60% of my business is repeat customers, so for me a defective product hits my bottom line. We may be softies, but if we charge the true cost of repeated return visits for defective products the customer has chosen it eventually reflects upon us.

I think you have an inkling in that they have sold you a product and won’t give advice as to how to fit it!

Will end on that note before I say too much.
No Im greatful for the information. I have noticed the quality is not so great with the 2 showers already fitted. I am worried.

Having looked at the figures again, an exaggeration of cost on my part. We have fitted 42 VP showers since Jan 2014 and had 132 return visits to July 2019. If I compare that to Grohe over approximately the same dates we have fitted 183 units and 18 return visits.

I accept that (right first time) connections to the Grohe Ibox are an art not a science - but once installed correctly they seem to be bullet proof.

Having looked at the figures again, an exaggeration of cost on my part. We have fitted 42 VP showers since Jan 2014 and had 132 return visits to July 2019. If I compare that to Grohe over approximately the same dates we have fitted 183 units and 18 return visits.

I accept that (right first time) connections to the Grohe Ibox are an art not a science - but once installed correctly they seem to be bullet proof.
Thats a very good audit and does suggest the product is very poor .I shall try to see if I can find an alternative. The valve has been connected up already.

Sorry, it was not my intention to cause you consternation. Blame Craig, it was his evaluation of £20k ( I had £10k in mind) that made me cough!!

If you go down the concealed mixer route use a high quality product (and ideally) be able to access it from the rear ( concealed by a radiator on the rear wall?).

Personally, I like them (concealed mixers) but would always want a route to access them

The way I work it out / decide is can I get spares and also in 10 years time

The fact I don’t know who has made the stuff is a big turn off for me on vp

Grohe
Bristan

Are normally my go too options

Here it is. I'm not sure what the pipe to left is.
This wall is however supposed to have a separate valve and outlet for a spout. This I bought separately from another supplier. Not sure if fitted yet, doesn't look like it to me . I would be greatful for a diagram re the plumbing/pipework. From what I can see on their website the top part of the valve controls 2 accessories , Im gathering its shower head and jets , the middle the temp and lower one the shower rail/ hand accessory.
I may tell them to take off and put on a brand that has been suggested. Im just waiting for a response from VP. Thanks.

Attachments

• Shower valve.jpg
    Shower valve.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
I'm confused, if it's already piped up, why do you need a diagram? Also if the main shower head comes off the top diverter with the body jets, you won't be able to use both at the same time.

I'm confused, if it's already piped up, why do you need a diagram? Also if the main shower head comes off the top diverter with the body jets, you won't be able to use both at the same time.
They said will do again as the jets not connected up and were not sure how to connect asked for a diagram.The VB valve diagram just shows the top valve to operate 2 accessories and the lower one that's all. I need a diagram to show how something like this is piped up

They said will do again as the jets not connected up and were not sure how to connect asked for a diagram.The VB valve diagram just shows the top valve to operate 2 accessories and the lower one that's all. I need a diagram to show how something like this is piped up
Ok, I'm a little busy pulling my living room to bits at the moment, I'll draw up a diagram later and post it. Are you wanting main shower head in the middle? And where is the shower valve in relation to this and where are you wanting the body jets and riser?

Ok, I'm a little busy pulling my living room to bits at the moment, I'll draw up a diagram later and post it. Are you wanting main shower head in the middle? And where is the shower valve in relation to this and where are you wanting the body jets and riser?
Yes the main shower head high up and middle. The riser to the left of the valve , and 2 jets each either side of the valve as they have in the VP product photo.

In addition I have a separate valve to give hot/ cold water for a lower spout. This is to be below all the valves. I have attached a photo of 1 of my bathrooms to give you an idea (I know Im complicated !)
Hope it makes sense.

Attachments

• shower.jpg
    shower.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 6

Reply to Plumbing advice for a a shower URGENT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I currently have one of these shower heads fitted in my bathroom : Milan Rectangular Rainfall Shower Head + Water Blade | Victorian Plumbing UK -...
Replies
Views
Jarrod
J
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
We need an urgent advice, we have a gravity water system and we are in a middle of loft conversion. We are adding an en-suit in loft and prefer to have a good water pressure there. What we want, is to either be able to run multiple showers at once, or if one person is having a shower, other...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Hi All I found this forum quite by chance this afternoon whilst looking for an answer to a plumbing question that I have following a rebuild of an annexe at our house. The annexe has a small ensuite containing a shower, washand basin and WC. The builder completed the work just prior to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock