Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing Abroad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarkL88

Hello people, I am new to this forum and I am looking for some advice about working abroad. I have been working as a qualified plumber for four years now and I have a level 2 NVQ to go along with the experience I have gained in the industry.

I want to know if our qualifications are recognised abroad? I have my water regulations but I don’t suppose that would mean anything outside of the UK. Would it be worth me completing the Energy Efficiency or Unvented Water Systems courses that my local college provide?

I would like to stay in Europe and I’m looking at Spain, Italy, Portugal or Ireland as possible places to relocate however any experiences working outside of the UK would be of great interest to me.

Thanks, Mark

Welcome, most of Europe is vented. So knowledge of this type of system would be useful. But they do have different ways of doing things. Even France has totally different sizes of copper. Best of luck

I am not a fully qualified carpenter but I do have a basic qualification as I spent a lot of time doing bathroom and kitchen installs. Carpentry and Plumbing have similarities in that you're working with measurements and angles.

Steven, vented isn't a problem it's the unvented certificate that I don't have but if it's rarely used around Europe then I won't pick it up before going.

Welcome, most of Europe is vented. So knowledge of this type of system would be useful. But they do have different ways of doing things. Even France has totally different sizes of copper. Best of luck

Sorry should be unvented!

French plumbing is different as mentioned, you have to learn what a centimetre is in Europe, i have no idea, only use millimetre and metre :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I hear there is a lot more press fit type systems out there

I can adapt to the different measurements so that's not a problem. Push fit sounds like an easy days work! I knew people who moved to Australia and are having a great time but I'm not sure I could handle the heat and I ain't interested crawling around in attics and under floorboards with all the different bugs they have over there.

Does anyone know what the plumbing situation is like in southern Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing Abroad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock