Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing a Bosch Integrated Dishwasher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bingobango

So my brother in law came to plumb in my dishwasher, he is an apprentice plumber. He said the following was missing (see image)

dishwasher.PNG
dishwasher.PNG

www.dropbox.com/s/hjjs6ik58924kqb/dishwasher.PNG?dl=0

This is the water inlet connector on the Bosch:

www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Dishwasher-Water-Valve-Solenoid/dp/B00IWV285O

Is there something missing?

So how can it be plumbed in then - do I need to buy this extra? He says I need to buy it and I am gonna buy this:

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FRBCCBW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Why does he need this? He wasn't very clear. He couldn't get the Bosch hose to fit the existing pipe or something?

If the supply valve is further away than the supplied hose can reach then you'd need a 3/4 BSP male to male nipple and just a washing machine hose in order to extend it (which is what you've circled in red) he may need it if there's a long run to get from the machine to the valve. These are easily got from plumbers merchants or DIY stores, I get mine from Screwfix if it helps.

If he is an apprentice then you also need to slap his mentor, he should have explained stuff like this to your brother-in-law!! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing a Bosch Integrated Dishwasher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hey - hope you're well, These two pipes on my boiler have started leaking - not tons of water, but regularly and enough to be an issue. The insulation around both have become holed / broken, presumably from said water. You can see a photo here: Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 06.42.32.png -...
Replies
Views
L
I have a problem with my dishwasher and I’m told there’s an issue with my plumbing. I’m after some help with understanding what the issue is (and what the solution is). My plumbing/appliance arrangement: My dishwasher is plumbed in ‘downstream’ from my sink. They therefore share a pipe to...
Replies
Views
New to the site. I'm a homeowner and I have no knowledge about plumbing, so thought someone else may be able to advise? In the early hours of Monday morning I had a leak under my kitchen sink. I think the noise must have woken me, so it thankfully I was able to get my father in law over to...
Replies
Views
Hi new to the forum. I have just installed s trap and plumbing under my new sink and now my dishwasher won't drain. It drains perfectly before when I had it fed directly down the drain pipe. I've checked for kinks and ensured high air gap. I have a feeling it could be the location of the...
Replies
Views
S
Hoping for some advice on the use of AAVs while plumbing in my new bathroom. There is a sketch of the waste layout in the link below. All of the plumbing is concealed within floorboards or stud walls, so I can't have any AAV's on show. There are 2 voids either side of the bathroom and an AAV at...
Replies
Views
Stephen44uk
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock