Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbers of UK, would you mind answering a few questions for my research assignment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm currently working on a research assignment to do with Digital marketing, specifically social media and how plumbing businesses use it. Would any of you be kind enough to aid my research and answer a couple questions below?

What would you say from your experience your target market/customer base is? Has social media helped you in reaching customers? What services would you say your most sought after? (eg. emergency plumbing, bathroom installations, boiler break down etc)

Thank you =)

Totally agree I will never use social media. As far as I’m concerned it is a race to the bottom as everybody is trying to undercut everybody else pricewise. I think you get a far better calibre customer from word-of-mouth recommendations. My target market is anybody really as long as they expect to pay a fair price for a job well done then we will be fine from the offset

Completely agree with you Riley, social media attracts the wrong type of customer.... it’s very similar to these checkatrade type agency thingymabobs, plumbers/ gas/ heating dudes are all scratting around and competing for the jobs.

Word of mouth. Means customers have a good reference point, and can sometimes view your previous work.
Social media can encourage a drive to the cheapest. Having seen the results of 'cheap' plumbers, and having to rectify their crap work, its no longer cheap for the client.
On TV £100k House programme the other day, one of the presenters actually said " with electricians or plumbers costing £130 per day, it pays to do as much as you can yourself ". FFS! What world do they live in? Perhaps they meant "per hour"? I wish.

Oddly I know, I'm aware of many people who have had huge amounts of work from SM and darned good work too. People who will only do the best they can do and use the stuff they want to use not B&Q sh1te.

That said, they are all established businesses who have been on SM for a fair old time and do not need with it can be seen as - the race to the bottom.

By far and away, the best route for long term stability is word of mouth but, regretfully, when getting started SM can have its place.

Reply to Plumbers of UK, would you mind answering a few questions for my research assignment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I am looking for an experienced Plumbing and Gas Engineer who would be willing to partner to build a team of subcontactors (10 in the medium term). You would ideally be a one-man band who is keen to get off the tools and run a business. I have successfully paternered previously but...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being reported to me, that concerns me forum-wise. The aim with this place is to be really helpful. No matter what the Original Poster (OP) has come here...
Replies
Views
Hello! I'm currently doing some research into the plumbing trade and wanted to understand a bit around how smaller traders (micro-business / self-employed) promote themselves to their customers. My research so far has been limited to a Google search, but I'm curious to know a bit around: -...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
P
Hi everyone, I’m a Dutch Industrial Design student and I am designing a new kind of pliers for a big German company. Right now, I am in the process of doing research and finding possible use scenario’s. Possibly one of the most interesting target groups are plumbers. As some of you have a lot...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock