Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbers Arms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doodlebug

Can I join?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You're gsr Doods, pm One of the admins, Dan, Dave or Mr Doberman with your registration details and you'll get access to the gsr engineers sub forum too.

You're gsr Doods, pm One of the admins, Dan, Dave or Mr Doberman with your registration details and you'll get access to the gsr engineers sub forum too.
Do I just pm my registration number?

We needed a new bar steward anyway. :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The first round is on Croppie lol

Don't you start! You've still to show up with the barrel of home you promised!

Welcome guys.

What happened to the 100 posts rule before you got in the Arms?

We need more bodies in there to buy the drinks to make up for the fact that Croppie never gets a round in. He must have a really weak bladder as every time it's time to get a round in he's in the toilet.

A swift question for Doodlebug.

What is the BG definition of a 'socket and see' and how and why do they use them?

John (Croppie) is one of my best mates on the forum and thoroughly likeable person who is not tight fisted in any way. All the guys in Portadown worship him when he walks into their presence and rely on him for his superior intellect and wisdom. He even bakes me cakes with "Go Away" printed on them and they look delicious.

What a guy.

What is the BG definition of a 'socket and see' and how and why do they use them?

Socket and see is a product range isn't it? One of which is a martindale socket tester to check any electrical faults such as reverse polarity or earth faults. Another product is an earth loop impedance test or am I missing something?!

Socket and see is a product range isn't it? One of which is a martindale socket tester to check any electrical faults such as reverse polarity or earth faults. Another product is an earth loop impedance test or am I missing something?!

I agree completely Resolute, I just wanted to know which product BG use and why.
I doubt ELI, Ze, Zs or PFC is high on the priority list of a GSR.
I do know however that knowledge of one of the products is encouraged, I'm just curious about which one and the reasoning behind it.

A socket and see is an extra tool which we have to use and to be honest a lot of engineers only use it when the safety rep is out with you. It checks for reverse polarity etc etc the main thing it checks for is Earth Impedance.

Any chance of a reply to my question then O Special One?? :)

When you check the boiler with a socket and see it checks the earth throughout the whole system. If you get a high resistance, you then have to check what type of system they have, ie: tt system or the other one lol

When you check the boiler with a socket and see it checks the earth throughout the whole system. If you get a high resistance, you then have to check what type of system they have, ie: tt system or the other one lol

Three earth types, TT, TNS, TNCS (or PME).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbers Arms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a traditional style bath tap with shower attachment via a diverter. The lever no longer moves, and so I managed to unscrew the lever arm and the brass (colonial) piece, exposing the plastic diverter valve. Unfortunately, I am stumped as to how to get access to the diverter valve, as the...
Replies
Views
Hi, i hope somebody can help me, i seem to have a leak from my GreeStar 30si boiler, it looks like it coming from the Siphon container, from the top, around where the Flue meets it, inside the boiler, i have noticed that there is an overflow pipe, yet, it seems that nothing can flow out the...
Replies
Views
Two pictures from a gas boiler install - is this dangerous, or just embarrassingly poor workmanship. What are the medium term implications of the joins like this? Do I need to get another plumber in to review and fix this? It is just shoddy but acceptable? Regards, Paul McGinnie
Replies
Views
C
I got my regular annual boiler service for my Vaillant ecoTek 930 about a month ago, and the engineer identified that the AAV was leaking, so he closed it. This is a tenanted property and it's not straightforward to get access to it. How risky is it to / how long can I leave the AAV closed...
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
Hi All, I'd like to install new radiators in my home which are currently fed by copper pipe via the floor boards. I live in a bungalow and access beneath floorboards is quite good access. I'd like to change the piping to come out the walls instead and therefore looking to use speedfit products...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock