Search the forum,

Discuss Plumber or electrician to replace new timer switch Unvented cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Replace the current E7 Newlec Economy control to a mechanical 24 hour timer switch for unvented cylinder water heater, may I know if I ask plumber or electrician to do this job.

Because Newlec Economy controller can heat up water once a day in midnight .I would require constant hot water in different time slot per day.

How to Make sure that Timer switch wire connects with bottom element instead of top element ( boost). As the boost can heat up 1/3 of tank water only.

Appreciate for any help or guidance. Thank you.

Attachments

• replacement.png
    replacement.png
    291.7 KB · Views: 4
Spark but that timer you have chosen isn’t suitable for your setup

Reply to Plumber or electrician to replace new timer switch Unvented cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my 20-year-old unvented cylinder (an Ariston Classico HE STD 150) 5 days ago and I hadn't noticed that it was leaking. He fixed the leak today but now the...
Replies
Views
Would need some advice if I could replace Newlec Economy to OP Ecosave Timer control for “Unvented Cylinder Megaflo Water heater” As the current Newlec Economy timer control limits to heat up full tank of water during midnight only( one time a day. ) OP Ecosave Timer control allows to set...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a few questions about my unvented hot water storage cylinder please: 1. How many kWh is each 3kWh element (day / night) supposed to use over a 7-hour period? I suppose the thermostat prevents them from running constantly? 2. Can a timer be installed on the element that runs at...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am renovating a small bathroom in an apartment on the 5th floor. Heating is electric, no gas or oil. I have four (related) questions about this below. I had intended to reuse the cold water tank and the cylinder sitting underneath it but my plumber suggested I replace the cylinder as...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock