Search the forum,

Discuss plumber discount service 4 'members only' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

although i have no poblem in helping explain things to those i ask (if i can), i think it would be a good service for those who are not sure, to ask for a plumber in their area from this site to pop round for say 10% ge3nuine discount for using this site?
what do you think.

I would be more than happy to give discount to anybody that uses this site

a nice idea, although i feel someone with half an idea of what they would like to do would use your experience and pick your brains for guidance and not employ you

seems logical then, to give face to face advice on the job for say a visiting fee of £20 for half hour consultancy. instruct people who want to have a go themselves and every-ones a winner.

One pearl of wisdom given to me by my marketing agency is that nobody ever wants to pay for advice. Even when they have to pay - they hate it.

But if you can make money out of it then great.

Many years ago I put an ad in the yellow pages. Dial 090XXX fror plumbing advice etc @£1 a minute.
I had 4 calls that year ...I agree, no one like to pay for advice.

selling your soul or in this case your hard earned craft and skill is ridiculous
let people need your skill turn the twenty quid into £500,its what people call buissness,
Can you really see this catching on ? maybe you could allow your clients to do all the pipework then pop round and solder it all for £40 you'll be popular but poor

Just remember giving advice for a fee is deemed under law to create a contract in tort, you would need Professional Indemnity Insurance for this.

Advice for free is slightly different but paid or free you would still need PII if it was in the course of business.

Martyn

Redsaw that idea came from the top shelf in the ideas shop. Well done. Count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumber discount service 4 'members only' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock