Search the forum,

Discuss Please help foul smell coming from boiler in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello I wonder if anybody can help me please , my boiler which is an old system with the tank etc , recently my heating stopped working so my neighbour done a quick fix for me as was going on holiday , sorted my connector out for me so I could get water as my heating was coming on when I was switching my water on , now his done it for now as a quick fix till his back that I get water no heating and heating doesn’t come on when I turn water only on , I’ve noticed over the last few days to a week that I have a really strong like rotten smell coming from my boiler cupboard which is in my bedroom , it’s worse when I put the hot water on for the water to heat and the smell goes but not completely when it’s switched off , I would normally leave my water on constant but can’t as the smell gets so much stronger , I’m paranoid if this could be a leak , but the smell has only started since he switched my connector over to hot water and my pipes get really hot , I have no clue To what this could be , as you can probably tell by my explanation 🥴

Is the boiler condensing? Sounds like you have a 3 port valve failure too.
Yes my port valve is not working I’m just waiting on my plumber to come back from his holiday to fix it for me but I can get hot water but no heating which is fine in this weather , so that is getting sorted , was just concerned about the smell is that common with a port failure , it’s mainly when the water is heating up it smells the most then when I switch it off the smell is still there but not as strong , thank you for replying

Yes my port valve is not working I’m just waiting on my plumber to come back from his holiday to fix it for me but I can get hot water but no heating which is fine in this weather , so that is getting sorted , was just concerned about the smell is that common with a port failure , it’s mainly when the water is heating up it smells the most then when I switch it off the smell is still there but not as strong , thank you for replying
What do you mean by condensing sorry , I’m so useless with things I have no clue about 🤦‍♀️

had a job last week, smell from boiler in back bedroom when it ran but not as bad after, sorry to report but dead rat near pipe ( not nice), hope yours is not.
Oh my goodness I really hope not we have had a problem along our road with mice , but I have wire meshed and siliconed all my gaps were the pipes are so it wouldn’t be able to get in , would the smell last as long as a week , but that was the first thing I fault when I noticed the smell last week

Reply to Please help foul smell coming from boiler in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock