Search the forum,

Discuss Please help - boiler filling loop problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aviva

I have an Alpha CB24 combi boiler and it's just given me the red/orange alternate flashing lights. So I've googled the problem and what I need to do is re-pressurise the system; apparently it's an easy fix.

But on my boiler, there's only one black switch and I can't make it turn. It moves slightly but not into a horizontal position.

So my question is - should I get a spanner and use it to turn the black switch? Or should I call a plumber rather than try to force it?

I don't know what to do. Please help me.

Filling loop may not be directly attached to boiler. It just needs to be connection between cold water feed and primary flow pipework. Identify cold water feed. It will be 15mm pipe. Look for any tee off valves to which filling loop may be attached,
Don't use force. Calling out plumber once to demonstrate procedure will allow you to do it yourself in future.

Filling loop may not be directly attached to boiler. It just needs to be connection between cold water feed and primary flow pipework. Identify cold water feed. It will be 15mm pipe. Look for any tee off valves to which filling loop may be attached,
Don't use force. Calling out plumber once to demonstrate procedure will allow you to do it yourself in future.

Thanks for the reply.

The loop is attached at both ends to the boiler. Only one end has a black switch, but it's that which I can't turn. I can move it half way, but the other half doesn't budge further. So either I force it down, or get professional advice - I had the card of a local plumber; I just called him but there was no answer! Hence I came here.

The filling loop would normally have a quarter turn valve at both ends. If lever in line with pipe, valve open, lever perpendicular to pipe, valve closed. If moving half way equates to quarter turn then look at other end where lever may have become detached and grips may be necessary for valve to open. Do not confuse open/close valve with non-return valve.
If non original fill loop, one valve may be open/close by slotted screw, again quarter turn.
Alpha loop retails approx. £40 which is about 4 times the price of non branded product which will do same job.

As above with the d scription of valve positioning , but if you are cabable , there will be a small screw holding the black lever on, undo it and there will be a brass stem you can put an adjustable on and open the valve, the plastic levers can give way sometimes but would be advisable to replace it for the next time you need to top up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please help - boiler filling loop problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock