Search the forum,

Discuss Playing fetch with a beluga whale - Avoid using plastics, we need these things stay alive in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Playing fetch with a beluga whale in its natural environment.

That was absolutely beautiful.

I went whale watching off the coast of San Diego a few years ago. We were warned we might not actually see anything and there was a fair amount of luck involved. We came across a group of between 12 and 15 humpback whales feeding and breaching the surface. Our guide was nearly shedding tears of joy she was so happy to see so many, saying it was the most she'd ever seen together. There were also harbour porpoises in the area hurtling around at amazing speed.

One thing I learned is that whale breath absolutely stinks. When they blow air after resurfacing from a dive you don't want to be downwind as you get a warm blast of air and the stink of something like a cooked beef burger blended with rotten fish comin at you.

Pregnant women weren't allowed to join the trip because the whales have a bacteria in their lungs that don't usually do humans any harm but pregnant women need to avoid it apparently. That's Stig's Whale Fact of the Day.

The word "awesome" is much overused these days but that truly was awesome.

Reply to Playing fetch with a beluga whale - Avoid using plastics, we need these things stay alive in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Firstly , apologies if this is inappropriate. I'm really not sure what questions I should be asking. I had a bathroom refit done around 7.5 years ago, including a digital shower. It's been great, but recently has really started playing up - the controls to raise or lower the temp seem to make...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Excuse me if I get some facts wrong, I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything other than replacing radiators. We're about to get PV Solar Panels (~6kw) and a large battery storage array (2xTesla Powerwalls for ~27kwh storage and ~10kw output). I'm looking to replace my old...
Replies
Views
Hi all For various reasons, we haven't used the hot water system in our house for a couple of years. It's a vented system with a tank in the loft. I want to try it out now but wonder whether there could be any potential problems from Legionella or anything else potentially nasty? I don't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock