Search the forum,

Discuss Playing around with the 'likes' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Would you prefer how it is now? With Agree and Disagree? And no like at all?

Would you prefer how it is now? With Agree and Disagree? And no like at all?

My vote would be to have all three "Like", "Agree" and "Disagree" available. I often 'like' insightful annecdotes and war-stories, without necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with them.

I think that the 'red cross' icon for disagree should be toned down a bit. Perhaps make it a question mark. Many of the 'disagrees' I've seen awarded on the UKP version of the site were unjustified and the red cross gave them undue weight.

My vote would be to have all three "Like", "Agree" and "Disagree" available. I often 'like' insightful annecdotes and war-stories, without necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with them.

I think that the 'red cross' icon for disagree should be toned down a bit. Perhaps make it a question mark. Many of the 'disagrees' I've seen awarded on the UKP version of the site were unjustified and the red cross gave them undue weight.
I've changed the heart eyes to 'Like'. So now we have 'Agree' 'Disagree' and 'Like'.

Then a couple of others too.

Many of the 'disagrees' I've seen awarded on the UKP version of the site were unjustified and the red cross gave them undue weight.

With all due respect chuck, you should of added ‘in your opinion’ because the way you have wrote that, came across a little self righteous. We should have access to all manner of credits/ discredits.... mild or severe, this forum is getting border line clinical. There’s been a few posts recently that have been removed by Dan and Lou, purely for speaking out against their doings. Let’s face it, the world is full of idiots who deserve a good big Red Cross or green tick. Actually there should be ‘dick of the day’ like

Look oreete to me Dan , we just need to sort the yorkshire rose issue now
Hehe, you just got my first disagree! :D

I vote the red cross stays, let the muppets know that they are wrong!

With all due respect chuck, you should of added ‘in your opinion’ because the way you have wrote that, came across a little self righteous.

I refer you to the section of the forum FAQ:
that says

"All comments made to this form are uncorroborated therefore should never be seen as fact, but simply the opinion of the person posting the comment, and only at the time of posting the comment, as opinions often change over time."

I'm fairly sure that the same FAQ has something to say about accusing another member of being "self-righteous".

Last edited:
this forum is getting border line clinical. There’s been a few posts recently that have been removed by Dan and Lou, purely for speaking out against their doings.
You don't know why we have removed them. Speak for yourself not me. Those who had them removed know why. We can't divulge to others what's going on if you're not involved.

Lou doesn't remove posts by the way. I do.

Last edited:
Hehe, you just got my first disagree! :D

I vote the red cross stays, let the muppets know that they are wrong!
I just did the same :p:p up the Villa ;);)
Let’s face it, the world is full of idiots who deserve a good big Red Cross or green tick. Actually there should be ‘dick of the day’ like
And we have our first winner of the day :p:p;);););)

Reply to Playing around with the 'likes' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock