Search the forum,

Discuss Platic pipes near radiators in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys. I'm getting the radiators installed in my property now and I'm struggling between plastic and copper pipes to radiators. I've asked 2 plumbers and they said opposite opinions. The first one said only copper pipes is allowed into radiators, and the second plumber agreed to install plastic ones. Is there a difference in terms of safety and durability? Is the first plumber being too conservative or the second one negligent?
Looking forward to your opinions, ta
Frank

Depends on how they are piped if coming up out of the floor then I would only fit copper, if in walls and concealed coming out behind rads then plastic fine. It’s safety and aesthetics as pipes get banged and caught while hoovering. That just my thoughts but if I was fitting then would be all copper.

Depends on how they are piped if coming up out of the floor then I would only fit copper, if in walls and concealed coming out behind rads then plastic fine. It’s safety and aesthetics as pipes get banged and caught while hoovering. That just my thoughts but if I was fitting then would be all copper.
thank you!

Reply to Platic pipes near radiators in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator with a more mundane type 22 panel radiator. The problem is that the new radiator sort of worked in the beginning, but it does not emit any heat now...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
L
Hello Please could I have some advice. I recently had an new air source pump and hot water tank system installed. The pipes to the radiators are copper. However, there is plastic pipes to the taps for hot and cold water. I have found a leak in the connection of a plastic pipe. First...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock