Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic pipes too close to boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi jus after some advice on a terrible install I came accross today plastic pipes right up to the boiler is this ncs???

NTCS is a gas classification. Best you can do is not fitted to manufacturers instructions.

Thanks for the reply I'm a gse I issued an advise notice stating the installation was ntcs just wanted to know if I did the right thing?

When i was at phex last year a rep from some plastic pipe company was doing his sales pitch on me. Cant remember the manufacture as i wasnt really listening, but i do remember him saying that this particular pipe you can take quite close to the boiler.

I'm not GS, but I'm sure that's exactly what I remember reading somewhere.

most manufacturers recommend atleast a meter away, i try and keep 3m away myself but it cant aways been done on some routes.

as for classification it does not come under the gas regs only MI.

The different plastic pipe manufacturers also state not to connect directly to boiler and to leave at least 1000mm.
Obviously not including the condensate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic pipes too close to boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi after some advice. I am buying a property - refurbished - they have put in a kitchen with space for a slimline dishwasher. There is sufficient height and width but the large plastic pipe behind redues the depth to 53cm when most freestanding machines are 60cm. I am worried this will stick out...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in the main bathroom is opened and closed there are hammering sounds from the living room ceiling. It sounds like knocking. There's no hammering whilst...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although the gas boiler is perhaps nearing the end of its life. But the boiler is not our current issue. Last winter two of the radiators did not heat up and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock