Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic pipe on hot/cold to boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What’s the protocol if we find plastic pipe to boilers(within 100mm)? Found one with the hot and cold piped right into the boilers tails?

Loads like that mate, min of 1 meter away in my book , but should be more lol .
It’s a newish install aswell. Other than advising the customer what are we supposed to do? Cap it? AR it? All I get from colleagues is don’t worry about it, which is annoying.

Nothing to do with gas safe just note down and move on

Only bit I would be iffy is a blow off

That’s why it concerned me. I advised the customer that it wasn’t ideal like that and to have it replaced with copper.

Can’t force them all you can say is manufacturers don’t recommend it

What’s the protocol if we find plastic pipe to boilers(within 100mm)? Found one with the hot and cold piped right into the boilers tails?
Check with the boiler manufacturer. I'm told one or two have fancy controls fitted that would allow for plastic to be connected directly. Others will say 1m or 1.5m Get their advice.

I always pipe mine in copper, generally any pipe work on show but I think the regs and manufactures instructions only specify 1-2m on the heating circuit, due to the higher temperatures

Some manufacturers are as little as 600mm from boiler and it would be more specific to heating flow and return, don’t see hot and cold as an issue as it more relates to temperature

Reply to Plastic pipe on hot/cold to boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Hello Please could I have some advice. I recently had an new air source pump and hot water tank system installed. The pipes to the radiators are copper. However, there is plastic pipes to the taps for hot and cold water. I have found a leak in the connection of a plastic pipe. First...
Replies
Views
Prompted by a surveyors energy efficiency report (and getting grants as this job belongs to a small charity) I've been asked to lag the pipes in this boiler cupboard. So questions: 1.Anybody got a photo of a good professional job please. 2. Where to stop the insulation under the boiler...
Replies
Views
I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover with a plastic sheet and then screet on top. I called out my gas boiler cover to make a permanent repair. The company they sent out have said it is...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock