Search the forum,

Discuss Plastic or copper ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wil3ur

Sorry if this has been asked before - new to this forum

Currently putting in an ensuite... pipes for shower and sink cabinet etc will be behind wall that I will then tile over..

Is plastic pushfit as good as copper.... basically I don't want to be knocking tiles off my wall in 5 years because the joints don't last.

Obviosuly options are plastic push fit / copper push fit or copper soldered...
Is there a huge difference ?

if the shower in a mixer valve to go in the wall then i would use copper it helps keep the shower valve in place, it is a personal choice, is the wall a stud wall or solid if its a stud wall to another room then if any thing go's wrong then you can get to the pipes from the other room. (its easy to change the plaster boards)

Push fit is well proven. I've got it all over the house but if you can afford the time and effort soldered brass is bullet proof.

use copper on shower valve so its rigid if thats what your fitting you might also separetly buy a fixing bracket for the shower valve if you need one..but again this depends on you type of vale you fit..now then if electric shower either will do but if using plastic remember to use pipe inserts and cut it clean and make sure you get a full slip on the fitting..lastly plastic will do for the sink and use a 15mm isolator valve on both your connections for hot and cold... job done!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic or copper ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current tap is connected with copper down to plastic pipes. I've attached photos below of what's there now and what the new flexi tails look like (is that a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm running copper pipework for my new bathroom and there's a spot about the isolation valve which is really tight because everything has to fit behind the wall until it can run under the bath and there wasn't much space as there's a sink there too. Made a silly mistake with the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock